Best Investment I Ever Made!

Luvmykubota

I know - braggin' on your Kubota can bring on all sorts of mayhem. Bad storms, unplanned maintenance, swarms of locusts and the like. But about ten years ago I was all set to buy another ridin' lawn mower and a fella I worked with pestered on me for about a month talking me into buying a Kubota, (he loved his, too). He said to get one with a mower, loader, snow blower, and a cab with a heater.
I was skeptical, wondering what I would need all that extra stuff for, money was always tight - but I did it anyway. Boy, was he right! My 2004 BX2230 is the best thing I ever bought. I use it for everything. It moves whatever I want to move, and it lifts whatever I want to lift, and it mows the lawn and blows the driveway besides!
I do take good care of it because I love the damn thing. Clean fuel, regular oil & filter changes, and I try to keep it clean. I pull the cab every Spring and put it back on every Fall - takes about forty minutes either way. Last week I was using it to hang venison I was lucky enough to get, and this morning it made short work of a couple of driveways here in northern New York. It doesn't care that it's down around zero with lots of snow. So far, I've got 722 trouble-free hours on it, and now that I'm pushing seventy real hard I expect it to last me out. Oh, I guess I did replace the battery a few years ago, but that's to be expected - I've got lights plastered all over the cab that light up the night when I'm doing the driveway. Life is good!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have to agree 100%. I have a 2002 Grand L 3010 and it has been superb. I am a huge fan, so much so that I felt okay buying a used RTV a year ago (an 06 model) and it has been a great addition to my stable. One son in law said "this is the best thing you bought yet for your property". That's only cause I let him drive it. :yum:
yep, I'm sold on Kubota too. :thumb: :beer:

BaiJiu

I bought an L-4400 in 2008 with lots of implements, I was building a new home, I had so much work for this machine, it's been worked hard and still very reliable. One of the best choices I ever made. My tractor is used 12 month a year.

Kanook

Just traded in my 17 year old B1700 HSD that I bought new in 96. It has done everything from snow blowing, wood chipping, loader work and the only problem in all those years was a safety switch on the clutch that needed adjustment. One tough little tractor...Hope the new B2650 is as reliable and dependable.No regrets here on that B1700 decision back in 96.

BaiJiu

When you buy a tractor it needs to be dependable and relaible, they're not like an ATV where you can scoot off to the dealer with the ATV in the back of your half ton. Kubota gives you that quality and reliability. Don't think for a minute that you won't be required to perform some routine maintenance and the odd time some not so routine maintenance. But if you are a home owner with limited mechanical skills and want a tractor that minimizes this Kubota is a good choice.