Stick Stoppers for Kubota.

Kubota777

Hi, I received my stickstoppers today from Tommy, but I see no way to mount. I've attached a picture, so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. When you guys ordered was there any type of mounting hardware, since all I received were two plates? They do look really nice, but I don't see how they'll be mounted. Also, what keeps sticks from coming up from under the RTV and damaging the boots? Will I need to get something to protect sticks from punching up from under the buggy. I guess I was thinking these were like a boot guard for an ATV that protects all three sides of the boot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 330

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Oops, I just reviewed your past posts. Sorry, I have no idea how those stick stoppers in your photos will fit on your machine.

Keifer

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
you have the newer style RTVX. same as my RTV X1100c. the old style is what your stick stoppers are made for. I have a pair of stoppers for the old style myself and it looks like you might be able to attach a small angle iron to the top or bottom of your A arm and then attach the stopper to that angle iron with two bolts. i am not sure if it will interfere with the upper arm though. the old RTV only has a bottom arm and it is made of tube instead of cast like yours.

Kubota777

Would anyone be interested in buying these stickstoppers? They won't do me any good if they won't work with my Kubota 1120 and I really don't see a way to get them to work with the 1120.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I only make them for the single a arms .I thought you checked to make sure you didn't have the double a arms.if you can't find a member who wants them let me know.it might be a week or two before I check back in but I'll see what I can do

Kubota777

Tommy, there might have been some confusion on both our parts, but I wrote with payment that I had a 2014 Kubota 1120XD, so I just assumed you realized these were the newer design. I now see you do this as a sideline business/hobby, so you might not have realized that they changed the design with the Kubota 1120XD. I know you had written that you had a template pattern for the newer version, but said you hadn't made any for this newer design.

I will say, they did look real nice, but I wish they would've just fit.

What years of the Kubota RTV 900 will these stickstoppers fit, so I can try to sell? Also, was there suppose to be any hardware that was supposed to be included?

Will these need any screws, bolts, washers or any locknuts to be mounted to a RTV 900 or will they just use the screws that already fit on the 900? Sorry, for so many questions, but I don't have a RTV 900 to get an idea of how these will fit and what I would need to mount.

Anyways, if anyone is interested I will take $60.00 shipped for the stickstoppers. I paid $75.00

ovrszd

Hopefully Tommy will make it right.

As to a cover under the A arm. If this is added diligence will be needed to keep the area around the shaft clear of debris. If not, the debris pile will eventually cause damage to the spinning axle shaft.

OrangeBuggy

you have the newer design with double A arms instead of a strut like the older model. to my knowledge nobody makes an aftermarket stick stopper for them. i am in the same boat with you.:tiphat:

Not too take anything away from Peanut, but if it has the same a-arm set-up as my 2014 x1100c, Kubota sells steel cv boot guards for $99.00. Have a set on mine and they have worked just fine for me.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
The very same thing happened to me. Ordered stick stoppers for a 2014 rtv1100 from peanut and received a set just like the ones that you have. I told him when ordering that it had the new design. No problem, $80 bucks later I have a set that is as useless to me as tits on a boar hog!!! :pat:

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Folks,
Peanut is a great member of this forum. He has gone out his way to design and produce quality aftermarket products for us, while NOT owning a Kubota.

We all make mistakes from time to time as has Peanut for which he has corrected the mistakes.

Peanut has a profession that makes him completely unavailable for extended periods. Send Peanut a personal message if you have issues with his products. I feel that he will bend over backwards to correct the issue.

I've not met Peanut, but have spoken to him multiple times via phone. I can't remember the issue I had with my stick stoppers for my 2011 RTV 900 XT, but he promptly corrected the issue.

Folks, we are not perfect. Please give Peanut a chance while remembering is periods of unavailability.

Thanks, Philip

ovrszd

Phillip, it appears he was made aware of the problem and had time to comment on this thread. What would have prevented him also making it right with the buyer at that time?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Phillip, it appears he was made aware of the problem and had time to comment on this thread. What would have prevented him also making it right with the buyer at that time?
Well, I'll guess he has to get to somewhere or someone that owes a 2014 RTV of the same type. Then he has to do some engineering / designing which it trial and error. Then check that the latest design works as intended. It all takes time and the man has to earn a living with his daily job all at the same time. I have faith he will fix it. I do not know how timely he will be with the fix.