RTV X1100C with snowblower

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the compliment! The snowblower weighs 340LBS no gussets needed. I left room to add gussets if I needed them, but I will not need them. I designed the wheel mounts for strength, if you look at the wheel blocks I used the router on the wheel mounts so I can put screws in on both sides for strength. I made the cart out of Oak there is no flexing at all it is very rigid. I will take some pics when I get it all done and have the snow blower on it.

Well thought out, well done. :)

Westfield

Well thought out, well done. :)

Thanks aurthuritis
When I was working everything I built and designed was made out of steel. That is the only thing I miss about working is I do not have the Machinery at my disposal. Now when I want to make something out of steel at home everything has to be done old school. So I use a little bit of my engineering background to figure out how to make this Dolly out of wood my preferred method would have been out of steel. Oh well I love retirement a lot more than working.

Westfield

I started building a cart for my snowblower to make it easier to remove and install. I had to keep it very low to the ground to be able to disconnect and connect with the PTO

I finished my snowblower cart, it definitely serves the purpose. We have one minor modification, the handle that engages and disengages the drive couplings hits the wheel on the cart I need to shave a little off.

Attachments

• 20200314_142831.jpg
    20200314_142831.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 20200314_142819.jpg
    20200314_142819.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 95

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i don't know a thing about snow blowers but if you need something to coat the auger after a season and to protect from rust remember fluid film.

Westfield

You guys are probably sick of me talking about my Kubota. I used it for yard work today my wife wanted a giant boulder moved in her garden. I hooked the tow strap up to the Boulder and I was amazed at what little effort the machine put into moving that Boulder. Very pleased with machine pulling power.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
You guys are probably sick of me talking about my Kubota. I used it for yard work today my wife wanted a giant boulder moved in her garden. I hooked the tow strap up to the Boulder and I was amazed at what little effort the machine put into moving that Boulder. Very pleased with machine pulling power.

brag all you want. you are among friends. but pictures are always nice:wave:

Westfield

Are you having a hard time remembering to take the emergency brake off. Will it hurt anything to shut the machine off in gear this should keep the machine from Rolling when not occupied? My wife left so brake on for short-distance I just want to eliminate this problem of potentially wearing out my brakes.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
wont hut a thing to leave it in gear. either while idling or when parked and shut off. i rarely use the E brake. have you been in any snow???

Westfield

wont hut a thing to leave it in gear. either while idling or when parked and shut off. i rarely use the E brake. have you been in any snow???

No snow I was just thinking this morning about putting the snowblower away for the summer. I will have to wait till next winter to give an update. Thanks for answering my question that is good to know.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
that is the way mine is too. i rarely even need the brakes. but my old 07 1100 would throw you through the windshield so i added a coast valve to it.

Westfield

Well I tried shutting my machine off in gear so I would not have to put the emergency brake on all the time. It was working for a while until I parked it on my driveway with probably a 10 degree incline. When I came back outside the machine was halfway down my driveway. So I guess I will have to get this old brain to keep remembering to take off the brake before I start driving.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe put in gear and also use the parking brake pulled on really tight. Make a habit of releasing brake before shifting to crank it. I have the same problem with my Roxor though.. I leave it running at gates but in neutral brake on and then forget.. I'm going to adjust so that it really grabs so I'll have to remember or it will tell me .

Westfield

Maybe put in gear and also use the parking brake pulled on really tight. Make a habit of releasing brake before shifting to crank it. I have the same problem with my Roxor though.. I leave it running at gates but in neutral brake on and then forget.. I'm going to adjust so that it really grabs so I'll have to remember or it will tell me .
Yeah I guess I'm going to have to try to make it a habit of it. The only problem is if I put the brake on to make the brake pressure tighter my wife has a hard time releasing The brake. I'm going to try to put it in low gear that might possibly keep it from Rolling.

Westfield

Yeah I guess I'm going to have to try to make it a habit of it. The only problem is if I put the brake on to make the brake pressure tighter my wife has a hard time releasing The brake. I'm going to try to put it in low gear that might possibly keep it from Rolling.

Yep everything works fine when I put the machine in low the machine will not budge. Thanks for everyone's help, I think I can check this one off the list.

Westfield

Took my Kubota out for the first long ride about 8 miles total distance. It was 90 degrees out and very humid but the air conditioning kept my wife and I cool. I was having some trouble with the engine bogging down quite a bit on the Hills. I think that was caused by all the humidity and Heat. It was a fun ride into town I probably could have got a ticket cuz they won't allow me to register this machine for Road use here in Wisconsin.