temp Guage reading on new 2014 rtv x's

628pm

Site Supporter
I have a thread about heater problems on a new 2014 x900. For those that have the new x's how many bars on your temp guage do you normally run. Mine never gets over 2 bars even during the summer. Please let me know.

Thanks

628pm

Site Supporter
That is what mine runs also, so for you guys with heaters is your air hot from the heater?

hasn't been cold enough for me to run the heater... I've only had this since April. I will try it out today and let you know, chilly and raining, so a good day to test it.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Air from heater

If my temp gauge shows two bars I can turn controls over to heat or defrost and it blows hot air out of the vents. If we had much snow here it would be no problem to plow snow in t shirt and shorts in cab. Hope you get your heat going cause old man winter is on the way. All the old timer signs are showing that it going to be a rough winter here. Hornets building high above ground, thick shucks on corn ect.

628pm

Site Supporter
Thunderdome, that is what I thought it should do. I just didn't know if 2 bars were enough to generate heat. From your report is does. I'll see what several others have to say. Will keep checking. Thanks for the reply.

628pm

Site Supporter
I got my OEM heater I installed going. It was all my fault, had a twisted hose, threw both of the hoses away, installed new hoses with a different route, I now have heat.

Thanks all for your input.

Okay, it's not cold today, in the 60's but I took it out of the garage, ran it up the hill to the hay barn. Turned the heat on immediately.

One bar, headed halfway up the hill and air was getting warm! 2 bars at the top of the hill and it was really warm and I only have one door on right now.

By the time I returned I still had only 2 bars and the thing was feeling like a sauna! This is a half mile trip roughly.

628pm

Site Supporter
I appreciate all the help everyone gave me. Best forum you could be a part of.

Thanks again.

Popo1945

Oh, I feel soooooo bad for all you guys with heat & AC (lol). My 04 900 rtx has an enclosed cab but, it's so drafty that the heater doesn't do much good. So I just have wear more clothing.

Mark.Sibole

Oh, I feel soooooo bad for all you guys with heat & AC (lol). My 04 900 rtx has an enclosed cab but, it's so drafty that the heater doesn't do much good. So I just have wear more clothing.

Enclosed cab???What a wuss lol. Mine is open and free flowing.You get a nice breeze at 25 mph and below zero temps.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
I have seen my temp gauge have three bars a couple of times after climbing out of a gorge but when get flattened out on top cools back down to two bars.
Mark, sure do like the cab with heat and ac. Had a Polaris ranger for ten years with hard cab and soft doors. It never really got warm in cab in winter and I just took the doors off in summer. Climate controlled is great for me!