Net Tractor Talk

Go Back   Net Tractor Talk > Brand Specific Forums > Kubota RTV Owners Group Forum

Old 10-16-2018, 06:36 PM

Meyerske is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions for mounting long gear on the side of my RTV?

I have some long pole saws, an auger, a tamping bar, etc that I'd like to be able to temporarily mount on the side of my X1120D. Any suggestions on how to do that?
Old 10-16-2018, 09:14 PM
Chief Bottle Washer / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

No clue how you'd mount them. Maybe if you had a short rack on the bed to hang them over the side of the bed.
For transporting things to big or awkward for the RTV bed I've used a small trailer. Easy peezy if that's an option for you. Good luck.

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Pet Talk Forums +++ Net Cooking Talk Forums +++
Old 10-17-2018, 02:58 PM

Ebm is on a distinguished road

You may want to try looking at bed rails and adding hangers on it. See this link found in the index of some popular threads. It has some example pictures of what other people have done.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:36 PM

bczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nice

If you want to hang anything off the ROPS, search the forum for O-clamps. If your ROPS has a 2" diameter, these things are awesome for hanging all kinds of things.

I have a couple hooks on mine. On the passenger side, I have a clamp on the front and rear ROPS bars. I have no problems hauling a 16'-24' ladder.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bczoom View Post
If you want to hang anything off the ROPS, search the forum for O-clamps. If your ROPS has a 2" diameter, these things are awesome for hanging all kinds of things.

I have a couple hooks on mine. On the passenger side, I have a clamp on the front and rear ROPS bars. I have no problems hauling a 16'-24' ladder.
Any pics?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:32 PM

seery is a jewel in the roughseery is a jewel in the roughseery is a jewel in the roughseery is a jewel in the rough

This rack system may give you some ideas.
http://www.orangeaftermarket.com/Uti...20_p_4526.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RR_X_001.jpg (20.4 KB, 57 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to seery For This Useful Post:
Doc  (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 07:47 AM

bczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nice

First pic is one of the O-clamps holding just a hook for small things.
Second pic isn't using the O-clamps but it could be O-clamps and when you have one clamp on the front ROPS and another at the back, you can hold long things down the side of your RTV. It does block the passenger access but that's the way it goes.

In that 2nd pic, you can see the O-clamps being used to hold my homemade windshield in place.
The O-clamps are easy-on, easy-off so you can remove or move them whenever you like. I think I have 11 or 12 of them on my ROPS for holding just about everything.

Also pictured is a pic of the O-clamp itself. The handle on the lower right side of the pic is for attaching the clamp to the ROPS, the bolt with wing nut on the top left is what you can attach things to. The bolt pops right out so you can insert one of any length you need. I "think" it's a standard 3/8" bolt.

To buy them, they're available lots of places. I think I get mine from E-bay for about $5 each.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG4932.jpg (18.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG4985.jpg (18.9 KB, 48 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to bczoom For This Useful Post:
Doc  (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 06:33 PM

Great info, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bczoom View Post
First pic is one of the O-clamps holding just a hook for small things.
Second pic isn't using the O-clamps but it could be O-clamps and when you have one clamp on the front ROPS and another at the back, you can hold long things down the side of your RTV. It does block the passenger access but that's the way it goes.

In that 2nd pic, you can see the O-clamps being used to hold my homemade windshield in place.
The O-clamps are easy-on, easy-off so you can remove or move them whenever you like. I think I have 11 or 12 of them on my ROPS for holding just about everything.

Also pictured is a pic of the O-clamp itself. The handle on the lower right side of the pic is for attaching the clamp to the ROPS, the bolt with wing nut on the top left is what you can attach things to. The bolt pops right out so you can insert one of any length you need. I "think" it's a standard 3/8" bolt.

To buy them, they're available lots of places. I think I get mine from E-bay for about $5 each.