Identifing my RTV

Boxcarman

Picked up a 900 RTV yesterday and in the owners manual it lists five different models,,,,, General Purpose,, Worksite,,,Recreational,,, Worksite Utility and Turf Utility. I'm not sure which one mine is or does it really matter. It does have a camo paint job if that helps determine which one it is. What is the differences between these variations? Thanks. BCM

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think the GP comes without a bumper and has a manual dump, The WS has a front bumper ,speedometer? , hydraulic dump and either the WS tires or atv type tires- your choice . The utility models usually have an extra hydraulic control. the turf one with turf type tires. The recreational is like Zoom said.That is what I remember from the old days but I've been wrong before- more than I care to say. haha , collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is there a sticker next to your VIN plate?
On mine, the VIN plate is on the frame just above the battery.

Mine has a sticker that says Model RTV900W (the W meaning Worksite).

The VIN format has changed from 16 characters to 17. There may be something in the VIN that says which model. My VIN plate also says "Type" Mine just says RTV900 but if there's a character after the 900 that may give the model.