Has anyone split the throttle on their RTV?

I spoke with the person we bought the RTV from (flat lander) and we ilve in a very hilly part of the PNW. He suggested we get the Hand Throttle kit. Anyone have it and can offer judgement before I put down $100?

Kanook

I purchased and installed the hand throttle shortly after buying my used 2004 model in 2008. Easy to install and works well for situations where keeping up the engine rpm are required.

Lee1935

I purchased and installed the hand throttle shortly after buying my used 2004 model in 2008. Easy to install and works well for situations where keeping up the engine rpm are required.

I concur, did the same with my X900. A must have in my book ☺☺

foxalaska

A must have. Much better power control. Pull hand throttle wide open and then ease into the hydrostat with the foot feed. Very nice when going through deep snow.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I concur the 3 previous posters. Hand throttle lets me stay in M on my hills. Before that I had to dog it in L.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I agree! I plowed snow for two winters without the hand throttle and this year I decided to install one. It does make a difference, especially plowing up a hill. Easy to install, too.