change mph to kmh

butcher

Hi, New guy just bought a used 2018 RTV x1100C and it's not the biggest deal but I am wondering if it's possible to change the odometer and speedo to Metric. I can see that it's on the LCD screen so it should be possible just not sure how to do it. I checked the owners manual and I didn't see any information on it.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi, New guy just bought a used 2018 RTV x1100C and it's not the biggest deal but I am wondering if it's possible to change the odometer and speedo to Metric. I can see that it's on the LCD screen so it should be possible just not sure how to do it. I checked the owners manual and I didn't see any information on it.
Welcome!

It seems like there ought to be a way.

In the meantime - a rule that helped me when I lived a couple of years in South America:
Think of distance English/Metric as always a 5:8 ratio. 50mph = 80kph, 80 km to the next town is 50 miles, etc.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Butcher. :) I'm not sure how to do anything like that, but maybe someone will chime in . Are then any buttons to the side near the speedometer? I like California's idea in the meantime. :)

dtreid

Under the hood there is a single wire that you need to plug or unplug. I just forget if it is the left or right side.

butcher

Thanks for the info! I looked under the hood and sure enough there are two wires on the passenger side that are taped up. I took the tape off and put the connectors together and now I have the metric system. I've attached a couple pictures for anyone else that might search for this. Thanks again

Attachments

• 20200226_113839.jpg
    20200226_113839.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 20200226_113829.jpg
    20200226_113829.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 109

butcher

No they dont go to zero, the odometer and speedo just convert from kmh to mph(or vice versa) just like a car does. My odometer went from 151miles to 241kms on the odometer. Hour meter stays the same.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Multiply whatever speed X .625

100 Kph X .625 =62.5 MPH

I wonder how you change those engine hours to GMT...Greenwich Mean Time

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I agree this is useful info that needs to be near the top but not its own sticky.
If you've been here awhile, you'll recall we had so many sticky threads that when you came to this forum section, the entire first page of posts were all sticky so paging forward was always required to see anything new. We consolidated most of the sticky threads into this one.
Index to some popular / useful RTV threads
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15485

I've added this thread to the index. If y'all agree that putting it there is adequate, I'll remove the explicit sticky on this thread.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Brian. I remembered that little detail after I did the sticky and was off digging a hole :pat: (grave for my wifes's kitty. 16 yrs old. :( ) Please unstick and add to the main sticky thread. :thumb: :tiphat:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry about your cat. :(
Thread is no longer sticky and added to the sticky index thread.

Reactions: Doc

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the hard work keeping up the forum.
I'm sorry about the loss of your wife's kitty also.

Reactions: Doc

CaperBruin

Thank you for the info on changing the set up to Km. It helped set mine up.
There is a wire on the driver side not connected and taped up. Any idea what that is for?