kioti ck20s

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
There's a lot out there and the CK tractors are very dependable, The did have an issue with their loaders awhile back but they got that fixed. If it's as good as my DK your gonna have loads of fun!

thanks , i got mine saturday , ck 20s, it seems to work great , rained this weekend so didnt get to u se it much , didnt want to get it muddy on the first day , but i thing it will do what i need m the loader seems pretty strong as compared to some others out there and has a good lift height

did anyone install a read work light on the ck 20 after purchase , looking for ideas , and what kind of light would work well

Just bought one today for the wife. She was whining that my 50hp Jd was a bit much for the lawn. Was going to get the gear model, but it was too fast for tilling in my opinion.
Now to find a pink greasegun.

Stormriderblue

Simplefun1, since that I told you about my CK20 HST 22hp Kioti tractor, I forgot to mention a few things about my tractor. That tractor was from the private owner and I bought from him. It had a in-cab with block heater along with other accessment. I also bought four STARS bright light with seven-way functions and mount it on side of my cab for some idiots people who drive fast down the road while working on snow removing. I also install two bright light in the front and two bright light in back with in-cab on tractor. I just install without drilling hole in it because there some bolts that you can remove to install light with same fitting. Just remember that light need ground unit to power up by custom made switch along with fuse holders.

Stormriderblue

How are you liking your CK20s?

I love it and work very well with almost anything in the range of CK20. Remember, always maintenance for a better and improvement of the machine. It is best to work with the machine than forcing it. Because forcing it cause a break down and/or replacing the parts that may cost you. Even a Kubota, John Deer and few others are the among with problems. So, if you are buying a Kioti, go for it. Look at some specification that best describe the different spec of tractors. I find the Kioti does more than any type of tractors I seen. In my opinion, but not my call to make, go through the specification first and find a good deal out of it. Remember Kubota and John Deer has three years warranty. The Kioti has five years warranty, so which one do you prefer?

Rider7767

Site Supporter
I love it and work very well with almost anything in the range of CK20. Remember, always maintenance for a better and improvement of the machine. It is best to work with the machine than forcing it. Because forcing it cause a break down and/or replacing the parts that may cost you. Even a Kubota, John Deer and few others are the among with problems. So, if you are buying a Kioti, go for it. Look at some specification that best describe the different spec of tractors. I find the Kioti does more than any type of tractors I seen. In my opinion, but not my call to make, go through the specification first and find a good deal out of it. Remember Kubota and John Deer has three years warranty. The Kioti has five years warranty, so which one do you prefer?

I bought one last week after researching this size for 6 months. I had an older Yanmar, which was indestructiblec, but I sure do like the CK20s.

Stormriderblue

I bought one last week after researching this size for 6 months. I had an older Yanmar, which was indestructiblec, but I sure do like the CK20s.

Ah, good. Just give yourself a chance to work with it and you'll find it very useful for many things. Mine has a Hydro-static Transmission and work very well in most common places as you did with a bush hog.

Rider7767

Site Supporter
Ah, good. Just give yourself a chance to work with it and you'll find it very useful for many things. Mine has a Hydro-static Transmission and work very well in most common places as you did with a bush hog.

It is goof to hear your Hydrostatic Transmission is working out. I like it, but I love the rugged feel of the manual. The Hydrostatic makes most things easier.

I was using her tractor for a bit and found that in low range the hydrostat would stall out. I was surprised that it wouldn't spin in four wheel when I tried to use the loader lifting and pushing at the same time. I have the turf tires on and even they wouldn't lose traction. Just used to more power I guess.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
I was using her tractor for a bit and found that in low range the hydrostat would stall out. I was surprised that it wouldn't spin in four wheel when I tried to use the loader lifting and pushing at the same time. I have the turf tires on and even they wouldn't lose traction. Just used to more power I guess.

If you are used to manual, the hydro operates a bit differently. It seems counter-intuitive, but you actually increase power by letting up on the go pedal. Pressing the pedal increases speed, which reduces force. But then you probably know that already.

Rider7767

Site Supporter

On the manual in low range 1st gear, you can stop the wheels from turning. I have been using the loader to dig a lot. The HST has the benefit of ease of use. I have to switch gears every time I move backwards or forwards. I am constantly switching gears and ranges. The good news is, I am getting pretty good at it.:a1:

I have run manuals most of my life. Have used the hydrostat on large dozers and it is true to them all a light hand is better for pushing.

Not to downgrade any tractor, but the best all around tractor I have had was a 336D yanmar. The transmission was the best I have had. It had four ranges with a powershift 3sp plus reverse. Tilling in low range was great, very slow. Working mode was mostly in 3rd range. Had good pulling power and could shift up and down in an instant without losing momentum, and had power to back up using the loader. I wish other manufacturers would hop on that one.

Rider7767

Site Supporter
I have run manuals most of my life. Have used the hydrostat on large dozers and it is true to them all a light hand is better for pushing.

Not to downgrade any tractor, but the best all around tractor I have had was a 336D yanmar. The transmission was the best I have had. It had four ranges with a powershift 3sp plus reverse. Tilling in low range was great, very slow. Working mode was mostly in 3rd range. Had good pulling power and could shift up and down in an instant without losing momentum, and had power to back up using the loader. I wish other manufacturers would hop on that one.

I love my new CK, but I miss my old Yanmar. My YM1500 was tough as nails. I looked at the Yanmars before I bought my Kioti. :blob_blue: