x1100c opening windshield

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
in short NO. i own an old model 1100 and an X1100C and at least on mine all of the brackets are there for the hinges and latches and struts so theoretically you could order the parts for an old 1100 and convert your windshield to be like the older ones. just remember though that my X1100C is a 2014 model early production so it may differ from yours in that regard.

zenchal26

The window looks like it could be swung out and the tabs on the cab frame for the gas struts are there I even think the plates on the window where the struts connect to it are there but they are just flat pieces. does anyone have pics of the bottom latches?

zenchal26

Looked up the parts would be over $300 to make it work but my windshield doesn’t have the spots for the struts so won’t be happening anyway

CKing

I've a 2017 x1100c and window has 6 L Brackets 2 top and bottom 1 each side. I think you would have a hard time getting a water seal without latches on bottom and sides.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
on my 2014 all of the holes are in the glass and all of the weldaments are on the cab for the brackets and latches just like my 2007. but i can't imagine that K would continue extra work forever so i am not surprised that the newer ones don't have them. also on the 2007 the windshield seals perfectly without side latches.