LUBRICATION NUT .....

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I am a lubrication nut. Always have been. There might be something around me that may break, explode, fall flat on it's face. But it will not
be for lack of lubricity or viscosity break down. I constantly check the oil
and quality in our equipment. Also keep a close eye on filters.

With that being said, you can think on this one.

Some of the older members, remember when I purchased my OEM Kubota
V4271 high rise. That was back when we were on another site.
Oh, that has been what, maybe some six or seven years ago.

Always keep a extra set of filters for everything. Even when I purchased the high rise. Within a week or so, purchased replaceement filters.
Have not used them YET !!!!

Have been going to replace the filters, but can not make myself do it.
The filters that came with the high rise kit is in perfect condition.
AND CLEAN, AND CLEAN. Both outer and inner. Inner should not have any reason to get dirty, but check anyway ......

NOT brittle, they are in BRAND NEW shape.

They are just about as clean as the day I installed them.

Crazy thing I noticed about the filters, one is made in Japan, the other
in China ....

Should go ahead and replace, being one is made in CHINA !!!!

IMAGINE THAT !!!!!!

Attachments

• Outer Filter on Kubota V4271 High Rise.jpg
    Outer Filter on Kubota V4271 High Rise.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Inner Filter on Kubota V4271 High Rise.jpg
    Inner Filter on Kubota V4271 High Rise.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Sure seems nothing is made in the U.S. anymore. I try hard to buy American but when you got to places like NAPA and need the parts you don't have much choice. I also try to keep after the lube schedule on things. Anymore I need to go by years as much as hours on stuff. Just don't use stuff as much anymore. Have to work on my pressure washer for that reason. Dang gas screws things up when they sit anymore. My 30 year old Briggs on a walk behind tiller starts every year after sitting all winter. Choke on and second or third pull it fires right up. Wish I could say the same for other brands. Same for the 26 year old Briggs on my log splitter. Starts every time usually on first pull.

Popo1945

Speaking of fuel our local Cenex carries a non-ethanol premium that I use in everything (non diesel of course) from chainsaws, mowers, snow blowers, etc, even my Porsche. Basically, anything that may have sit for awhile - the fuel lasts longer w/o ethanol. I'm a firm believer in AMSOIL products - I have by-pass oil filters on everything I own. I agree with Two Guns about keeping everything clean inside & out. Has anyone tried the AMSOIL 100 to 1, 2 cycle oil? I've been using it for years w/o a single problem. Sure saves on the # of gas cans u need. I mix everything at about 80+ to 1 no matter what the manufacturer recommends.

Mark.Sibole

Speaking of fuel our local Cenex carries a non-ethanol premium that I use in everything (non diesel of course) from chainsaws, mowers, snow blowers, etc, even my Porsche. Basically, anything that may have sit for awhile - the fuel lasts longer w/o ethanol. I'm a firm believer in AMSOIL products - I have by-pass oil filters on everything I own. I agree with Two Guns about keeping everything clean inside & out. Has anyone tried the AMSOIL 100 to 1, 2 cycle oil? I've been using it for years w/o a single problem. Sure saves on the # of gas cans u need. I mix everything at about 80+ to 1 no matter what the manufacturer recommends.

Same with my chain saws and riding mower.You can take a jar of NON eth gas place it on a shelf and the same with eth gas both with no lids on it.In 1 week check both jars.The jar with eth will have collected all kinds of water and the good non ethwont have a drop of water in it.Ive always said a good way to ruin a good chain saw is use gas containing eth.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I use aviation fuel in all my gasoline burners that sit for the winter. Av gas is lightly leaded, wich some of my older engines seem to like anyway.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I am also a believer in if it's two stroke, it suppose to smoke.

So, I can smoke up the world when I "fire 'em up " ....

That way, I know it's getting lubed !!!!

..... two guns

Post Script :

I also, am a Certified Amsoil User !!!!!