New Holland TC33d, Injector Heaters

Sunrise Acres

I have a New Holland TC33D tractor and have been noticing the orange dash light indicating the injector heaters are on prior to and during the starting is not coming on. Sometimes when I turn the key it does just as it is supposed to, most times not any more. It's getting cold and I need the injector heater to engage.
Any thoughts? Relay? I replaced the inition switch already. I will look for loose wires.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SA,

When you go to start but the light doesn't come on, how well does it start? Trying to isolate whether it's a wiring issue to the light or the whole thing.

Sunrise Acres

TC33D Starting Problems

Could be a bad relay or a bad indicator lamp

The relay suggestion was correct. It was not the cheap ($14.00) starter relay but the heater timing relay for $68.00. I changed both to be sure one did not accest the other.
Thank you!

Sunrise Acres

TC 33D Starting Problems

SA,

When you go to start but the light doesn't come on, how well does it start? Trying to isolate whether it's a wiring issue to the light or the whole thing.

The relay suggestion was correct. It was not the cheap ($14.00) starter relay but the heater timing relay for $68.00. I changed both to be sure one did not affect the other. It starts great now. I also added a block heater as well.
Thank you!

GerryK

There are glow plug relays on ebay for a pretty good price. See KUBOTA NGK GLOWPLUG LAMPTIMER S81NL PN/ 15694-65990 for $21.95 free shipping. Folks on Tractor ByNet claim that they will work on the New Hollands as well.