Weather with RTV

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
If anyone want to "test fire" their cooling system in the RTV. Come down here.

It has been so HOT, so humid. And it's not even August yet.

Went into the woods yesterday. No breeze blowing. Air still.
Can not hardly breathe. The air is just like you feel when you open up a oven.
Just takes the wind out of you. My clothes are soaking wet in less than 10 minutes out in it. Can't hardly take it after noon time. Constantly drinking water & Gatoraid. Staggering, moving slowing, but making progress.

Mosquitos & Buffalo Knats are just horrible. Snakes everywhere. Even had
one big snake cross in front of me while taking a water break & go under RTV trailer. Think he was just trying to find a shady spot himself. That move cost him, Buzzard bait now !!! :cuss:

Could not hardly sleep last night for muscles cramping up, all night long.
Will not forget the pickle juice next time........

................ two guns

Attachments

• Flood Gator 3.jpg
    Flood Gator 3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 247

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Pickle Juice????

Yes, it is hitting over here also for the first time since last August. We have become spoiled I guess, with the ample, actually surplus rains, mild winter and cool spring. The trees are foliated out like they haven't been in years and due to the heavy leaf load are falling over with the damaged root system not able to hold them up when there is a not even hard wind with the saturated soil. The pastures are head high with fescue and my recently sown lespedza is taking over where it has been tried. This is the first time in a decade that the pastures are not already brown and sparse.
The lightning bugs are just now coming out at night instead of mid-March, EVERYTHING is blooming like never before. We should have a fantastic acorn crop again this year; but the coyotes are perhaps killing the deer out as we see fewer and fewer. The Japanese beetles have NOT emerged yet and like the pretty much non-existant carpenter bees this year, shall not be missed.
All in all, the heat, YES, is totally gonna get to me hard this year. The humidity is crippling and all I can do is get up and out there at first light, work till noon, drink LOTS of lemonade and water, and be thankful to HIM for still being around to see it..........God bless.....Dennis

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Its certainly a hot one for sure.the deck of the boats get so hot it burns your butt an kners if you sit or kneel down.lucky I save all the work vest an cut the pads off to sit on while welding.we put my buddy in the ground today.he was a truck driver an was at port fouchon getting loaded up.they said he was out in the heat for maybe 3hours at the most.he told the guys he was going in his truck to cool off.when he didn't come out they went to check on him an he had passed away sitting behind the wheel of his truck.the autopsy results said he died from heat stroke.it don't take all day to get it an this proves that you can be in the heat for a short time an still get it.the heat index has been steady an holding a good 110degrees an you combine that with 100 pe rcent humidity an you got a deadly day.I keep two sets of cloths with me an I change at lunchtime..you guys be carefull out there.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your buddy. :(

Be careful in that heat.

It's only in the 60's here today which is much more pleasant than the 90+ degree days.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks zoom if it wasn't for the food down here I would make the move up north to maybe tenn or arkansa. I went there for vacation a few times an although it was in the 90s it felt cool infact me an the wife went on a few trails around the lake hamilton an lake catherine area an hardly broke a sweat.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
The whole east coast has been hot and muggy. I would sooner deal with the cold than the heat. I wilt real bad above 85 degrees anymore. The doc warns me about being out in it and the meds I take react badly from it.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
It just seems like yhe rays of like from the sun seem to just go right through you.I'm a welder an have welded in short sleeve shirts before for a few minutes an didn't get ray burns but I took off my welding shirt for about 30 or40 minutes an ended up with a mild sun burn.it has never been like that.I got a bad sun burn last summer while tubing down a river for 6hours .I think if I tried that this summer I would need medical help if I sat out in the sun for that long.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
This year, twice, I've got to hot !!! Just last week, I got down in behind my shop and just could not go no more. Ended up on my knees pucking.:puke1:

Took me two days to get over it. It's just damn hot !!!!
There is people falling out everywhere.

Keeping much water and gator-aid (pistol) with me at all times !!!!

........ two guns

Attachments

• Louisiana Gun Sign.jpg
    Louisiana Gun Sign.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 190

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This year, twice, I've got to hot !!! Just last week, I got down in behind my shop and just could not go no more. Ended up on my knees pucking.:puke1:

Took me two days to get over it. It's just damn hot !!!!
There is people falling out everywhere.

Keeping much water and gator-aid (pistol) with me at all times !!!!

........ two guns

That's terrible Two Guns! You be careful!!! I was fence fixing today and ran out of water and it was a hot day for sure. This big tree had blown across the fence in the back pasture. The tree was covered up with a wild muscadine vine so I was cutting it off with lopers so I could get to the tree and then .. Bonk.. I was out of water. Well I keep an emergency bottle under the RTV seat in that little compartment.... It was hot enough to about make coffee but it sure was "good"... I ended up cutting a tunnel under the tree for the fence , then stood the fence back up , repaired it and drug off the cut limbs with the RTV.. Now the fence will hold cows in and the upper part of the tree can be got later .
All members need to be real careful of the heat.. bordercollie

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for bringin a smile to my face there Bordercollie........Makes me think about changing from goats to cattle. If you had goats they would be scramblin and shovin each other to see who could get over that fence line by using the tree as a toy and then shoving each other out of the way to get to all of that forage. Funny sight to watch the kids and yearlings doing that and the older does elbowing the young ones out of the way to get to those fresh leaves.

NOT ......NO SURELY .....NOT to change the subject about the heat and what it does to us as we get more and more mature in our thinking and activity level. But it is what I HAVE to do in order to survive. Slow down, catch my breath, and get the oxygen level back up where it needs to be by sitting on on a stump or the RTV footwell with my feet on the ground.........Like ya'll I HAVE to keep my fluids handy and it is a joke around here that I taught old Si on "Duck Commanders" how to carry his cup around with tea; but mine is lemonade and always handy......

I don't know about you guys but the VA and private docs have me taking so many meds now adays since I turned perhaps 60 or so that sitting in my recliner and watching Fox is sure easy to do.........BUT I CAN'T.........To much to do and get done and only I can do it........A hay barn to be built, a tool-wood shed/barn to put up, an addition to the garage-barn to be added to for my motorcycles and SLK, trees down cut up and put away in the shed for sale and burning, hay to put up, fert the pastures, 2 pasture dividing fences to put up with waterers that don't freeze, 1000 feet of 2" PVC to get down after the new well goes in down there next week.........ON AND ON.......WHO does this if I don't??????..............

Can't find a good hand that you say, "get this or that done" and it is.......NO COMMON sense or how to do it.........Gumption??????......NO WAY..........

So..........yes, I have a hired hand that when you tell him to get here by 8 he actually drags his carcase out of bet at perhaps 8 and heads this way. Another fella who gives me 3 or so days a week with his construction skills and yes, common sense, and a wife who does MORE than her share of chores, aid, and actual physical labor with me..................

So, I try to get out at first light and quit perhaps at 1 or before and ALWAYS have my lemonade with me............lol.......and best of all.......When I finish a particular chore or take a rest for a moment while on HIS path, I look around and THANK HIM for giving me this life and how HE gave me the strength to do so well.............God bless US all........THANKS for you guys listening and BEING THERE WITH ME...........Dennis

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
If you I look around and THANK HIM for giving me this life and how HE gave me the strength to do so well.............God bless US all........THANKS for you guys listening and BEING THERE WITH ME...........Dennis

AMEN BROTHER, AMEN !!!!!

We will always be here to listen !!!! ALWAYS !!!! ........ two guns

Attachments

• Christmas LeRoux 2011.jpg
    Christmas LeRoux 2011.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 178

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for bringin a smile to my face there Bordercollie........Makes me think about changing from goats to cattle. If you had goats they would be scramblin and shovin each other to see who could get over that fence line by using the tree as a toy and then shoving each other out of the way to get to all of that forage. Funny sight to watch the kids and yearlings doing that and the older does elbowing the young ones out of the way to get to those fresh leaves.

NOT ......NO SURELY .....NOT to change the subject about the heat and what it does to us as we get more and more mature in our thinking and activity level. But it is what I HAVE to do in order to survive. Slow down, catch my breath, and get the oxygen level back up where it needs to be by sitting on on a stump or the RTV footwell with my feet on the ground.........Like ya'll I HAVE to keep my fluids handy and it is a joke around here that I taught old Si on "Duck Commanders" how to carry his cup around with tea; but mine is lemonade and always handy......

I don't know about you guys but the VA and private docs have me taking so many meds now adays since I turned perhaps 60 or so that sitting in my recliner and watching Fox is sure easy to do.........BUT I CAN'T.........To much to do and get done and only I can do it........A hay barn to be built, a tool-wood shed/barn to put up, an addition to the garage-barn to be added to for my motorcycles and SLK, trees down cut up and put away in the shed for sale and burning, hay to put up, fert the pastures, 2 pasture dividing fences to put up with waterers that don't freeze, 1000 feet of 2" PVC to get down after the new well goes in down there next week.........ON AND ON.......WHO does this if I don't??????..............

Can't find a good hand that you say, "get this or that done" and it is.......NO COMMON sense or how to do it.........Gumption??????......NO WAY..........

So..........yes, I have a hired hand that when you tell him to get here by 8 he actually drags his carcase out of bet at perhaps 8 and heads this way. Another fella who gives me 3 or so days a week with his construction skills and yes, common sense, and a wife who does MORE than her share of chores, aid, and actual physical labor with me..................

So, I try to get out at first light and quit perhaps at 1 or before and ALWAYS have my lemonade with me............lol.......and best of all.......When I finish a particular chore or take a rest for a moment while on HIS path, I look around and THANK HIM for giving me this life and how HE gave me the strength to do so well.............God bless US all........THANKS for you guys listening and BEING THERE WITH ME...........Dennis

Dennis, I can just see goats on that tree :bonk: And that made me smile! I also will say Amen to your words! I need Him to get me through each day I face. bordercollie

OrangeBuggy

If anyone want to "test fire" their cooling system in the RTV. Come down here.

It has been so HOT, so humid. And it's not even August yet.

Went into the woods yesterday. No breeze blowing. Air still.
Can not hardly breathe. The air is just like you feel when you open up a oven.
Just takes the wind out of you. My clothes are soaking wet in less than 10 minutes out in it. Can't hardly take it after noon time. Constantly drinking water & Gatoraid. Staggering, moving slowing, but making progress.

Mosquitos & Buffalo Knats are just horrible. Snakes everywhere. Even had
one big snake cross in front of me while taking a water break & go under RTV trailer. Think he was just trying to find a shady spot himself. That move cost him, Buzzard bait now !!! :cuss:

Could not hardly sleep last night for muscles cramping up, all night long.
Will not forget the pickle juice next time........

................ two guns

Know this is an old thread, been reading thought them a few at a time. When you mention having leg cramps and for getting the pickle juice its no joke. I get cramps bad. I just eat a dill pickle and it does wonders. My dad will drink the juice also. But just eating a dill well work for me. People may laugh at this, but they should try it.
Harry

Kanook

Mrs Kanook is going to think the ole timer disease has finally got to me when I start keeping a pickle on the bedside table.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
A teaspoon of prepared mustard has the same effect. My cramps always go away in less than one minute after taking the mustard, no matter how bad they are.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think maybe I'll just eat a big, fat juicy homemade hamburger with lots of pickles and a ton of mustard along with a diet coke.. cover it all that way and add some tater chips for the heck of it.

Last edited:

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
I'm with you on that one BC, and maybe some homemade horseradish too. But make it a diet Dr Pepper for me.