How Many X Models

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
How many X models, with the new independent suspension, are owned by members on this forum ?

........ two guns

Here!. Went back and checked my front this morning. My front has mabey a 1/4 play back to front wear the A arms bolt to the frame. Not much at all and as much to be expected here, mabey a little slop in a bushing.

Ime not worried about the front as long as the actual hub doesn't get the play thats in the rear. The front is jst a bolt, bushing problem if its a problem at all

Now the rear is a different story thats a metal fit problem some wear
In the hub.

Given time ime sure kubota will have a fix lets keep our pantys pulled up
And hope for the best.

Now the first person that says my rear wheels are supposed to be like that from the factory will prob see a different side of me

Tailrotor

My work has one. RTV X 1100 and you now it has problems I help start the original thread.
And made the video.
If all else fails I have lots of bubble wrap and super glue.:yum:

a-arm play

RTV-X 1120D. Too busy plowing snow too jack it up for a closer look. Didn't see any play when I checked. The machine replaced my 2005 RTV 900. The changes they made are great.
My dealer hasn't had any info on the problem, they have sold a lot of RTV-Xs without any known problems and assured me they will address any issues that may occur.

blk65brd

Count me in as well RTV -X1100C no known issues yet, it is at the dealer getting some hydraulic mods, I did talk to the service manager about the wheel issue last week, he went into the Kubota only forum that the service techs used and did not find the wheel issue. When I pick up the RTV tomorrow I will ask him to check again and also jack it up to check for wheel play.

rapracing

Count me in as well RTV -X1100C no known issues yet, it is at the dealer getting some hydraulic mods, I did talk to the service manager about the wheel issue last week, he went into the Kubota only forum that the service techs used and did not find the wheel issue. When I pick up the RTV tomorrow I will ask him to check again and also jack it up to check for wheel play.

Just curious if you got the machine back yet and what they found when they jacked it up?

Thanks

blk65brd

While at the dealer yesterday for about 4 hours as they finished up the hydraulics, the service tech did get the back end jacked up and there was minimal side to side movement, it felt like it was more at the wheel than in the A-arms to the frame attachment. Today I jacked up the front end and check for movement, there is on both wheels equal movement both on the upper A arm to frame attachment and the lower A arm to frame attachment, side to side "slop". At this point I have about 22 miles on it.

PrimeTime327 did you learn anything at the shop?

Update on the hydraulics, added was the UTV hitchworks Farmboy Sport X, and the SnowMax plow,also purchased was the Selector Valve X (only used hoses the valve with go on the tractor for a new grapple next week). From Kubota the Hydraulic cooler V5240, Auxiliary Hydraulic pump V5272 was added, this removes the stock pump and replaces it with a 2 part pump, with 1/2 going to Power steering, Dump and UTV Hitchworks the other half was used for power beyond for running any hydraulic tool with a motor. Also added was a 3 function electric over hydraulic Fasse Valve set so the dump handle can function for dump up and down, 3 point up and down and snow blade angle adjust with 3 toggle switchs next to the dump handle. The Kubota dealer did a great job on all the adds and they work great, the snow blade add has pretty much guaranteed I will never see snow again in the PNW but I should be able to at least use it to move gravel around. Hydraulic flow was tested at the power beyond port at 12 GPM and 1000 PSI bypass was installed for protection on that circuit and set for 1000 PSI.

Guys, I got tied up this morning & didn't get it to the dealer. I'm loaded up now & will head out tomorrow morning. Another 150 mile trip!.. lol

I'll give y'all a shout after lunch!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
W From Kubota the Hydraulic cooler V5240, Auxiliary Hydraulic pump V5272 was added .............QUOTE]

Great set up !!!!
Keep us up to date !!!

.......... two guns

Attachments

• Gator New Teeth.jpg
    Gator New Teeth.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 387

pop58

I have the X1120D. It had a coolant leak when I brought it home. Took it back and they did a pressure check and fixed the problem.
Nothing is loose and no play that I can find yet. This machine is very solid and tight so far.

rapracing

I have the X1120D. It had a coolant leak when I brought it home. Took it back and they did a pressure check and fixed the problem.
Nothing is loose and no play that I can find yet. This machine is very solid and tight so far.

Did you jack it up? If not you will not probably find it. If you watch the video you will see the play in the rear. The thump appears to be in the front a-arm moving 1/8 to 3/16 front to rear in the saddle. I have video of both front and rear if you would like to see it PM me your email and I will send it to you. I'd bet its there. If not you mat be the only one. Even the ones sitting at the dealer new have it

BaiJiu

Does anyone know if this problem is associated with a particular number of units or all units produced in 2014?

Tom B

Does anyone know if this problem is associated with a particular number of units or all units produced in 2014?

I don't believe enough data is out there yet. I was told that approximately 1,000 14' units have been manufactured by Kubota. When I spoke with my dealer, who at the time had sold +20 units they weren't aware of the issue.

This problem could be one or more of many things….. a engineering issue, manufacturing issue, assembly issue, ect. It might be limited to a few units or all of them. I did have an opportunity to speak with an owner who had over 100 hours on his machine without any issues.

I have owned dozens of Gators and Mules for business, all of them had issues at some point. By far, Kubota has had the best quality of all of them. I have faith that the issue will be corrected, regardless if it's wide spread or limited.