Used 1100 what year

Razor802

Just picked up a used 1100. Pretty rough shape 3100 hours came from mine. Need to work through a few bugs. First problem is I don’t know what year machine it is. Serial number sticker is gone.
4d09582c45a58340d0d926a558827dec.jpg
e90c729f1bd3dd7dd20038ac16005d57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was thinking the serial number is stamped into the frame. Somewhere.
Someone should come along that knows where that stamp is located.

That 1100 looks to be in good shape for 3100 hours. Congrats. Lots of great info and knowledgeable folks here.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Buying a piece of equipment like this or a vehicle without a serial number is kind of dangerous as it's hard to prove ownership. Hope you don't live in a place that requires title or registration.

Not sure on the 1100 model but on my older 900, there's a plate on the ROPS with a 5 digit number. That # is supposed to match the last 5 of the vehicle's serial #. They use this to make sure the vehicle hasn't had significant damage where the roll bar has been replaced. (The first 12 characters of the VIN are pretty consistent but the last 5 can tell you the year. If you can get those 5 numbers, you could contact Kubota via their site https://www.kubotausa.com/contact or your local dealer or post the number here and hopefully some members with a number close to yours can tell you what year.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
How worn are the tires? It is probably a second set if 3100 hrs of hard , rolling use. but if it was just left running a lot , they could be the original. Tires have a date code on the side in a little indent place near the rims edge. It will list the week and the year if I remember right example:5209 would be the 52nd week of 2009.
My machine also had a date sticker on the hood hinge.
Good Luck and welcome to the forum . bordercollie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
mine is a 2007 and has the same door glass as yours. not sure when K changed but the newer ones had a sliding glass on the drivers side.

Razor802

Thanks for suggestions I’ll check it out. One tire is very worn out so might be original.

No need for title or registration so I’ll be okay without serial number.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
My 2 cents. Use kubota fluids and filters for the tranny especially. Look at the exhaust pipe screen... it might be plugged up. When hauling on an open trailer you might want to put your RTV facing to the rear. Why? Just price the cost of a new windshield broken by a stone kicked up on the highway. Just saying.
Welcome to the Forum.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
My 2 cents. Use kubota fluids and filters for the tranny especially. Look at the exhaust pipe screen... it might be plugged up. When hauling on an open trailer you might want to put your RTV facing to the rear. Why? Just price the cost of a new windshield broken by a stone kicked up on the highway. Just saying.
Welcome to the Forum.

I agree! especially for transmission.:myopinion:

shinnery

I do not know what those numbers mean but I am not finding much indication that even the RTV 900 existed before 2004.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
not sure but i think the vin number is stamped into the frame under the bed. i can't look at mine because it has a sprayer in it for a while and can't lift the bed. pretty sure yours is newer than mine because of the color on the grill guard

Razor802

not sure but i think the vin number is stamped into the frame under the bed. i can't look at mine because it has a sprayer in it for a while and can't lift the bed. pretty sure yours is newer than mine because of the color on the grill guard

Grill guard came off machine in picture or at least the rtv letters did and was painted too so not sure what color or style it was before.
9bd511c80ad637b2bc6ec7e96bfc9498.jpg
8ebef90683bdca9d552cf472c142ecbd.jpg