Is X1100 Heating/Cooling as good as auto?

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Is the heating and cooling within the X1100 as good as your car or truck?

We are thinking about one. We love our X1120 but we have missed many productive days in the field because it was too hot or cold or raining.

And while the X1100 won't help keep the rain etc off you while you are working, it gives some shelter out of the elements.

Thoughts?

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My x1100’s a/c has done a good job at keeping the cab cool in mid 90’s high humidity that we get in southern middle Tennessee.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Is the heating and cooling within the X1100 as good as your car or truck?

We are thinking about one. We love our X1120 but we have missed many productive days in the field because it was too hot or cold or raining.

And while the X1100 won't help keep the rain etc off you while you are working, it gives some shelter out of the elements.

Thoughts?

It kicks the pants out of auto heat and air. You can plow your driveway in long johns with the window down. AC is the same, you won’t run it wide open for long

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
PawPaw;
Our 1100 out performs our car and trucks heating/AC, and they are really good. Riding an/or plowing snow wearing a t-shirt and shorts is no exageration. In the summer the A/C is a welcome relief for us old folks.

herman48

I have an 1100 and heater and a.c. work very well. I live in Southeast Alabama, close to the Florida line, and the a.c. unit keeps me cool even when the temperature gets in the upper nineties. Last year, though, the dang mice that keep invading my garage built a nest behind the radiator and chewed some of the a.c. wiring. The engine kept on overheating and the a.c. did not work well. Useless to say I had the problem fixed ASAP.

foxalaska

Heater will keep things warm at 40 below. I get some icing on the windows, but not real bad. I'm thinking of installing some type of winterfront and see if that helps. All in all, heater works well.

RKP in SB

I'm amazed at how well the heater in my 1100C works. After just a few minutes of plowing yesterday morning (~18*F), after turning the heat down, I thought about rolling down the window to let some heat out -- and then I noticed it was already part way down - I'd forgotten to roll it back up after I got in!

Never had THAT "problem" in my old Gator!