Memorial Day

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Memorial Day.. I think of all of the Americans who gave their lives so we can be free. Some were older , some were not even 20 and yet gave the ultimate sacrifice . I remember about my Daddy in WWII : he was just 17 when put on a ship.. He made it home but many didn't. God Bless America and it's brave soldiers who protect us from the evil mounting around us . bordercollie, aka judy

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
God Bless all of our present and past servicemen and servicewomen. Citizens of the USA are able to enjoy freedoms of a free country because of the dedication, commitment and sacrifice of those brave people who put on a uniform. We are so blessed. This is a day to remember and reflect and give thanks. God bless America.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
GOD bless these UNITED STATES. From the lowest just recruited private to the elected Commander in CHIEF.

Memorial Day.. I think of all of the Americans who gave their lives so we can be free. Some were older , some were not even 20 and yet gave the ultimate sacrifice . I remember about my Daddy in WWII : he was just 17 when put on a ship.. He made it home but many didn't. God Bless America and it's brave soldiers who protect us from the evil mounting around us . bordercollie, aka judy

Thanks BC for sharing your Memorial Day thoughts and your Pops Navy service.
My Pop likewise joined the Navy at a young age and served on a DE. He was proud of his service but like many WWII Vets did not wear it on his sleeve. Oh he would share some stories if you pressed him. But he like others also saw the horrors of war and of those that made the ultimate sacrifice and did not come back to their loved ones.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton
Hand Salute!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well said. I'll 2nd your sentiments. :clap: :clap: :clap: