RTV-X lift kit and bigger tires?

Chad_75019

Any input for a lift kit out there or what is biggest tires I can use? Very little heavy duty use. Mainly for land in Oklahoma that's extremely rocky. Keep bottoming out and rock punctured side wall (hence reason for new tires)

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Any input for a lift kit out there or what is biggest tires I can use? Very little heavy duty use. Mainly for land in Oklahoma that's extremely rocky. Keep bottoming out and rock punctured side wall (hence reason for new tires)

Sounds heavy duty to me! Richard should chime in I think he's a rock crawler..

ovrszd

I built an inch lift kit and went to 27" tires to get belly clearance.

I suggest a minimum of 6ply, preferably 8ply, coarse tread tire. This will give you puncture resistance and will have good traction on rough terrain.

If you are buying wheels I suggest 14". This gives you a much larger choice of tires.

You didn't mention what machine you have? You might experience some tire rub with 27" tires and no lift on certain machines? Hopefully others will chime in with tbeir experiences.

vpexp

I have 27/14 Rocktane XD's on my RTV X1100 with no lift. Rocky area in SE Oklahoma also. Keep the tire's aired up and you should not have any problems. Easy to pinch the sidewalls on the rocks if the pressure gets low.

ovrszd

I have 27/14 Rocktane XD's on my RTV X1100 with no lift. Rocky area in SE Oklahoma also. Keep the tire's aired up and you should not have any problems. Easy to pinch the sidewalls on the rocks if the pressure gets low.

Thanks for the info.

The pinching sidewalls is why I always recommend heavy duty tires. I also don't like radials because they ALWAYS have a weaker sidewall.

Afterall, few of us are worried about "ride". :)

Johnny Gunz

27x10x12 mud tires on an offset rim. No clearance issues or power loss here. You can adjust your front suspension to ride about 1.5" higher. Easy to do with pipe wrench. No aftermarket lifts available that I know of.

jimso

I don't know about the biggest tire but the 27 x 11 x 12 Blackwater Evolution on Delta steel wheels with 4 +3 offset work well. It is a narrower rim than stock and seems to leave less sidewall exposed.