RTV1100 radio questions

cowrider

I would like to add a radio to the RTV I had just bought. It doesn't have one installed and the blank plate is missing, not sure if it had one installed in the past. Reading some of the posts it is mentioned that kubota had included a support bracket loose with these machines but mine doesn't have one. Would anyone have a photo of this bracket and the part number for it? I tried looking for it in the parts list but do not find it.

Thanks

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Cow rider:

I added a radio to my 1100. I didn't have the mounting bracket either. I asked my Kubota dealer about it and he went to the warehouse and brought one out for me.( I didn't take a picture of it but do recall it being cutout and bent just for the RTV. ) The dealer didn't charge me anything for it.
I bought a am/fm radio with single CD player from crutchfield.com for a reasonable price and use it with Sony speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 142

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Most single DIN radios, as above, come with a mounting sleeve that fits in the rectangular hole and you bend the brackets to hold it in the opening. There is then a threaded post or hole on the back of the radio to mount a strap to connect to the body to brace the radio.

Getting the proper bracket as above is always the preferred answer but if you can't locate one, this alternative may work.

This is the bracket that came with a double din radio which is twice the height of the Sony shown above but otherwise it's the same as the single din bracket.

IMG_20170103_103145578_zpsk6ztxoz0.jpg

The hole in the center of the unit is threaded to mount the bolt holding the support strap.

IMG_20170103_103236437_zpsgmj5mfj5.jpg

Good luck, you have quite a project there. Bob

cowrider

Found the number, K7711-63170 SUPPORT, AUDIO (mounting kit). I'll order one for my install. I figure that the dash could use any support it can get. Mine is crack just below the shifter I guess from other jamming the shifter instead of waiting.

Attachments

• b41500_Page_1.jpg
    b41500_Page_1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 123

williemakit

The radio in my 1100 came from the factory and is mounted in the headliner. It's a Jensen heavy duty model AM/FM/CD/BLUETOOTH. The speakers are in the headliner also. Kubota put in a great radio but it's all lost on the cheap speakers. Sounds like somebody yellin through an m-ty soup can. I plan on upgrading my speakers when I get a chance. Good luck with your install.

cowrider

I bought the mounting plate and installed it with the radio. I don't think that it is of much use unless you have a really heavy radio to install. Most radios you get now are very light.

Attachments

• radio mounting plate.jpg
    radio mounting plate.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 83