3 Point Wench Attachment

N

Nicahawk

I've got a big project coming up that will require a wench to raise up the top portion of my weather station pole. Total height 45' and pretty heavy. Most important thing is to do it as safe as possible. I had the wench and the old draw bar and cross stableizer and came up with a way to mount it on the 3 point. Can be dismounted quickly and will also be handy to move trailers around. Even though it's Kubota orange it will also fit the ole green machine.
Nic

Attachments

• Baseplate Welded 2.jpg
    Baseplate Welded 2.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 789
  • Rec Welded on 2.jpg
    Rec Welded on 2.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 771
  • Wench Off 2.jpg
    Wench Off 2.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 798
  • Wench On 2.jpg
    Wench On 2.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 828

shinnlinger

Nica,

You are my kind of guy! Not afraid to weld stuff up and see what happens...rep points for you!

I am considering making some kind of platform on my counterweight to mount a winch...problem is I dont have a winch...yet

Any pointers on picking a winch?

N

Nicahawk

Nica,

You are my kind of guy! Not afraid to weld stuff up and see what happens...rep points for you!

I am considering making some kind of platform on my counterweight to mount a winch...problem is I dont have a winch...yet

Any pointers on picking a winch?
Thanks. I just happened to have the Warn 9,000# because I was joing to mount it on one of my F250's, but got rid of the one I was going to mount it on. Wench was sittin in the corner gathering dust and always in my way. So........As for how to pick one I guess it depends on the purpose for it and how much power does that purpose call for. I know thats no help. :hide: My big one is overkill but at least now I'm going to be able to use it once in a while since I had it anyway. What things do you think you might use one for?
Nic

Mith

Nice fab work! Are you using MIG or Arc?

I cant tell, but if you haven't already it might be an idea to run some bars up the the toplink bracket to stop the linkage raising.

Any plans for a 12v output from the tractor to run the winch?

N

Nicahawk

Nice fab work! Are you using MIG or Arc?

I cant tell, but if you haven't already it might be an idea to run some bars up the the toplink bracket to stop the linkage raising.

Any plans for a 12v output from the tractor to run the winch?

Thanks. This was all Mig.
I was thinking about having an adjustable support up to the toplink. Like one piece of pipe inside another, one end attached to the toplink, the other attached to the wench mount with several holes drilled thru both so a pin could be inserted when you had the correct angle.
I'm still thinking about 12v plug, but for now just thinking.
icon3.gif

shinnlinger

NIca,

There is close up of californias rusty bolt collection that shows his bolt together top link...It might give you ideas.
I also wonder if the tractor alternator can pu tout enough juice on is own. It could keep your battery topped up(so would a cheap solar charger) but I think you will still want that battery.

I could see using a winch to pull tree out of tight spots for my sawmill.

I mounted a hyd right in my loader frame.

I am in the process of putting one on the rear, should finish soon.

Here is the frame with the easy ball hook up with some extra hooks for pulling on.

Just finished a short boom that takes the place of the top link that goes over the top of this frame and hinges to pick up logs with tongs. The winch will be on the tractor side of the frame so I can pretty much keep the backside flush. the closer to the tractor I can keep the pulling point the better.

Will get some more pics up if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• P1020867(1).JPG
    P1020867(1).JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 750

Mith

Hi RD. I'd be interested to see some more winch pictures.
I saw some pictures of your stuff on another site, got some nice equipment you have built there.

I was thinking about making a hydraulic winch, so I'd be interested to see yours. Maybe you could even start a new thread about it?

howierd3866

ok set up if you are pulling straight out behind...but if you are raising a pole would that be making the cable be pulling up there fore raising your 3pt lift also making it not stay down..just so thought....

gimpster

3pt Attachment

Just a little bit of advice if I may? If you're wanting superior strength in your attachment I would recommend that you seriously consider using a "winch" instead of your old and worn out "wenches"..

Nicahawk

Had to get back to you....

Just a little bit of advice if I may? If you're wanting superior strength in your attachment I would recommend that you seriously consider using a "winch" instead of your old and worn out "wenches"..

Haven't logged in for quite a while and was kinda catching up on old posts when I saw your post. Got a chuckle from it.

Might add...........wish I still had some contact with some of my ole worn out "wenches"! I'm old but not worn out yet............but getting a little closer every day.

realizing this is an old post, but thought I would bump it up a bit with some real pics.

this is an easy one, but you get the idea. Most of the time if I can get up close I just use a set of tongs on the hook. Being able to lift them up keeps the dirt out for the mill.

I know the loader is a bit high in this pic, but she did the pulling once I had it out of the woods and she was driving. Being short on a straight pull she lifted it to be able to see lol.

Attachments

• winch for 5300 002.jpg
    winch for 5300 002.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 195