Screens now Red theme

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Something changed? I've run blue screen style here since the beginning, now today it's red and I didn't change anything in my profile. Profile shows 'default' profile then two red alternatives, blue not available. I didn't log out overnight.

Has blue profile become unavailable?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, I messed up. I was intending to delete another theme and deleted that one. Now we are stuck with two red themes and I have not figured out how to get a blue one back. They warned me, but I 'thought' I knew was I was doing. I was focusing on getting all the images around the top to be next to each other. Got that but lost the only original blue theme I had.
Will work to import an original theme but I've never done that so ...we'll see how long that takes. Hope you were ready for a little change. :hide:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks for the explanation! At least its not me.

I was up half the night searching for a reason that an old (2003) HP Laserjet (with JetDirect ethernet card from ebay several years ago) ie cobbled together junk :) suddenly and persistently responded Offline to windows but printed its test page fine from Printer Config.

This after trying out several ~$5 2005-era Print Servers and Switches yesterday, that I've accumulated and never got around to testing: Print Servers from TrendNet and HP (discovered this one is 10mb Ethernet max) and two D-link Switches. I finally reinstalled the little Linksys 1-USB, four Ethernet port combo switch (also a thrift store find under $5) that I've had in service for a couple of years at the printer table.

Somehow after getting each of these antiques configured (successfully!) I had switched off SNMP protocol in the LaserJet. After much research online I learned SNMP (which wasn't needed when I initially set up this home network in or before the XP era), became mandatory starting with Win7. I never heard of SNMP before and had no idea switching off odd protocols - Appletalk, Netbui etc was harmless but SNMP was fatal.

Ok, got Humpty Dumpty all back together running smoothly, looked in here this morning, and everything's turned red. "wth did I do to my system now????"
:cuss:

Glad to know it wasn't me. Doc thanks for the explanation!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: Sorry CA.
You'll be glad to know Blue is back. If it is missing any options that were there before please let me know and I'll try to get em back.
This is a newly created style rather than the same one, so expect a few differences.

Everyone, I hope you will ck out the videos. Just click the pic at the top of all pages.