New X900

Traderdell

Took delivery last Friday of a new X900. I traded a 2013 JG Gator 625i and this is a much nicer machine in every respect.

I do have a request for help though. I'm mobility challenged and have a hard time getting in and out of it as it's just a little higher than the Gator. I use it exclusively for checking our property and some brush hauling.

Now for my question. Has anyone installed or know of a step (like on a tractor) that can be added to help with getting in/out?

Thanks,
Gregg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!!!!

For the steps, years ago, I was going to something similar but didn't end up doing it. I do not know of a step made specifically for the RTV.

The steps I was looking at were something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Bully-AS-200...F8&qid=1505746038&sr=1-5&keywords=truck+steps

It's pretty much generic so with some drilling and such, you could probably make it work.

Before ordering, see what you could mount it to under the floor. I have an old RTV and as I recall, there wasn't much under there to secure it to without doing some reinforcing. Not sure what it looks like under the new X900's.

Traderdell

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!!!!

For the steps, years ago, I was going to something similar but didn't end up doing it. I do not know of a step made specifically for the RTV.

The steps I was looking at were something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Bully-AS-200...F8&qid=1505746038&sr=1-5&keywords=truck+steps

It's pretty much generic so with some drilling and such, you could probably make it work.

Before ordering, see what you could mount it to under the floor. I have an old RTV and as I recall, there wasn't much under there to secure it to without doing some reinforcing. Not sure what it looks like under the new X900's.

Thank you for the reply. Something like that looks like it would work if there is a way to mount.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
You could try and adjust the suspension collars on the shocks, that may lower it a bit. I used a big ass pair of channel locks to raise spring tension.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Yours is the first I've heard of being delivered with the seat belt debacle, I know others on the forum will be excited to hear there shipping !

Traderdell

Adjusting the suspension is a possibility but I'm so happy with the way it rides I'm hesitant to mess with it.

The dealer had just one set of seat belts and they went on our unit. That was last Friday.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the best RTV forum around Traderdell! I know you will enjoy your new ride. :)
Maybe Mark Sibole can give some pointers when his computer gets situated and he can get back on the forum. He can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear when it comes to thinking up helpful things on the RTV. :) bordercollie

Bigsteak

I wonder if another wheel tire size combo could help you out, of course you would lose some ground clearance.