Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark.Sibole

Happy Birthday Mark. :tiphat:

Sorry to hear about your issues but so glad to hear you are overcoming it all. Way to go.

As for the eclipse, I was wondering, can we make our own glasses to view it safely? I vaguely remember making a pin hole in notebook paper and watching an eclipse through that pin hole. If that is not safe please advise on what would be a safe way to view this event. Thx.

you can use a number 14 welding shield lens to view it safely.You can use a pin hole like you said.You can use a pair of BINOs or amall telescope ONLY to cast a light and NOT view through it.Place the objective approx 10 inches from a poster board or something similar ands adjust the length away from the paper to get a big diameter on the paper.DO NOT place near eyes period!!!If you get it to close it acts like a magnifying glass and will catch the board on fire.Adjust it for about a 6 to 10 inch circle and you will see the eclipse that way.You can also google live solar eclipse and some sites have a live feed that you can waych.Remember NEVER look at the sun direclyly without proper eye protection.NEVER look at the sun through cameras,telescopes or binos without proper lens protection.The sun will cause perminant painful damage to your eyes including burning your eyes out and perminant blindness.I hope all of this is clear.If you need further assistance feel free to IM or call me...Keep safe Doc..

Mark.Sibole

My 2 RC rar tracks one is a large Oval for 1/8 scale care and the smaller newer is for 10th scale cars so they dont over heat
MarksTrack.jpg

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for all the help you give us Mark. It has been a true blessing to have you among and with us. You for sure have been missed with just the BS you put out and the reality that you bring into a discussion or topic.
Used to race those 1/8 scalers with my students in tech classes. Build them from scratch and then at the end of the semester party race them. Would have 6 or 7 going around the track at the football field.........FUN and got them motivated. ...........Counselors hated me. They would send the "loosers" to Mr. Darrow to make my classes cruddy. It's so easy to motivate someone who has never had anything nor anyone believe in them. So good to run into them now..............Big time success for some of them........
Anyway, glad to have you back and KNOW that God is with YOU every day, you know that I know; but you showing folks around here THAT is sending a much needed example of HIS GRACE AND BLESSINGS......some folks need to SEE that for sure.........God bless. Bud

ovrszd

Thanks for the pics Mark!!!! We were clouded in..... The traffic headed South and then back North in the evening was overwhelming. People stopping on an Interstate hiway and standing on the pavement looking up with dark glasses on.... Humans. ;)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mark, thank you for these great photos ! You are gifted . :) The solar flare is nice to see in action too.

TRIBUTE100

We were fortunate to be able to drive one hour south of Asheville, NC to get on the edge of the total eclipse path. We had full coverage for 1 minute where you could take of your solar glasses and also were able to see the plant Venus. Relatives 30 miles west of us could see the stars. It was an amazing sight !

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
The solar eclipse was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I was able to take this photo with an I-Pad.

Attachments

• IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 64

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I upgraded my generator today and realized that I will have to invest in a wider set of ramps and probably a hernia operation if I am going to wheel this thing up onto a 2500HD like I did the Generac.

Does anyone have experience with the "Viking Rack Jack"? Looks like it is pretty well made and has a stand option which would help dress out a deer if you had a gambrel.

Appreciate any input.

Status
Not open for further replies.