Absolutely Love My New Kubota RTV X900

Carpy

Hey guys and gals, I just wanted to show off my new RTV as well as let everyone know that this sight single handedly sold me on the Kubota RTV's. Thanks for all you do to keep this sight up and running and so very informational! If anyone has any good ideas for accessories, please let me know...

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpg
    IMG_2529.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_2530.jpg
    IMG_2530.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 347

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's an awesome looking machine Carpy. :) Asking for accessory ideas is fun because we have a blast picking them out along with you. :) I love my homemade console with multiple switches/radio/speakers to control lights and 12 v pig tails I have in multiple places. I love led lights too .. uh oh there I go again. ;) anyways Congratulations !!! collie

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice setup!!!

I need someone with a newer machine to chime in but shouldn't there be caps on the ends of the tubs for your grill guard?

OPM! I love OPM (Other People's Money). Let's spend yours. :)

First thing that comes to mind is lights. When your plow is raised, do you have adequate lighting to see over the plow so you can see? Cabin, cargo bed and rearward lighting is also very handy.

What's that Honda in the background? 200X? 250 Big Red?

Carpy

BCZOOM. Sadly, I lost that cap on the drive home from the dealer. I was a little disappointed that a brand new machine would have stuff falling off it already, but if that's the worst that happens then I'll be just fine. I am installing 2 LED cab corner lights as well as a rearward facing LED today. The BOSS dealer told me that the $200.00 plow lights were ok, but they come off with when the plow is detached. He recommended that I just spend that money on cab corner lighting, so they are there whenever I need them. To answer your question, you cant see anything when that big BOSS v-plow is raised up, so I'm excited to see how the LED's will help! I am planning on doors, rear window, windshield wiper, cab heater and a radio. Im really happy I found this sight and Im looking forward to sharing this build with all of you guys, as well as seeing all of your machines/stories. Oh, that's a 1984 Honda Big Red 200 with reverse and electric start. I love that thing and have owned it for 25 years.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can you give us a ballpark where you live (like a State)? I know others here found a great deal on cabs if they got them from a place in Ontario. If you're in the north east and these cabs are still available, it may save you a ton.

Speaking of cab, not sure if it's true on the newer RTV's but the old 900's needed the struts replaced to accommodate the extra weight of the cab. Did your struts get replaced when you added the plow?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats. Very nice. Seeing your set up makes me wish I lived where we had more snow.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like you put it to work already. Someday, I'll talk myself into the Boss-V to replace my Curtis/Kubota unit.

Nice choices on the machine and blade.

Carpy

Thanks everyone! I live in Central Wisconsin, so the plow will get lots of use here. My dad and I own 245 acres of hunting land as well as another couple hundred of leased land. This machine is gonna make things a lot more fun for sure... :]

628pm

Site Supporter
My x900

This is what I have done to mine

Installed
cab
factory heater
wipers
work lights front and rear
backup camera - by rear hitch and top of cab
flashing yellow lights front and rear (can change pattern of flashing)
switched power outlet at rear of vehicle
multi accessory fuse panel

Many of the members on this forum has done more than I have, really like the backup camera, put it on for when I plow snow, but haven't had to use the plow this year so far.

Attachments

• MULTI SWITCH AND TURN SIGNALS.jpg
    MULTI SWITCH AND TURN SIGNALS.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 309
  • KUBOTA6.jpg
    KUBOTA6.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 310
  • KUBOTA7.jpg
    KUBOTA7.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 305
  • KUBOTA1.jpg
    KUBOTA1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 308

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Carly:

Welcome to the RTV Forum. Come back often with your stories, experiences and photos. Have no fear, we will help you spend even more money on your RTV.

Keifer (aka Keith)

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Better late than never. Folks dream, talk, and some even walk the walk.....Welcome aboard

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Carpy I just put some of toolmans side mirrors on and I haven't looked back since ;-). Seriously mirrors are handy and make me a bit more conscious while bush whacking:

Heatwave

What's that orange pointy thing on the front of your machine?

Congratulations on your new RTV. I gotta warn you: little grandchildren love these things. All of mine got their first driving experiences on my RTV900. Best of luck with your machine.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Carpy - the more you use your X900 the more you will be amazed at what it can do. I have the same with a Boss V-plow and maintain our roads (over a mile and some steep hills) with it. We had some ice this year after one storm, so the layer of ice below new snow forced me to purchase chains for the rear. Until this winter I hadn't needed them. It is amazing how much snow it can push. Best of luck

Carpy

Have i made myself perfectly clear that I LOVE this machine!!

Attachments

• IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 194