Class 1s gone?

jwstewar

Staff member
I heard a rumor that New Holland is discontinuing the TC-26DA. It was going to be replaced by something with a little more horsepower in the TZ series. If that is the case I would also assume they would do away with the TC-23. I have a TC-24D, I think it is a shame to do away with this size tractor. It has enough power and size to do a fair amount of work and yet is small enough and nimble enough not to tear the turf up too badly and to fit in small spaces. For how I use my tractor no way would I consider a TZ. Any one else heard this? What do you think of it if this is true? From pricing, I think New Holland pretty much priced this one out of the market as they kept raising the price on it.

jbrumberg

Jim:

I was curious about this so I checked out the NH site. They still have the TC-26DA listed as well as the "29", but that is no guarantee they will continue the "26". The "29" became the "31" and the "31" became the "33" I believe. I would not be surprised if they expand the TZ series as their new line of Class I tractors which in my opinion would be a mistake. I agree with you. Jay

shinnlinger

Boys,

If your NH's are as good as you say they are and you take care of them, you will never have to get another and this matter will be of little importance.

There are still many, many great grandaddies, to your machines, the N series Fords, pulling duty out there. I wouldn't fret.

jbrumberg

Shinnlinger:

I do not intend to downgrade; maybe upgrade someday, but I really do not have to. I have yet to see a TZ on my local dealer's lot, but he deals mostly with real farmers. Jay

PS: Did you tweak your L2850's HP up?

shinnlinger

JB,

Kubota didn't make it easy on us untill the '90's, rather they followed JD's lead for a while coming up with some random number and sticking it on a machine.

The L2850 has always been 34 horse. When I bought it I thought it was a 28 horse as the name suggests and and was impressed with it saying wow this thing seems to be able to do alot more than the neighbors 27 horse Lamborgini and Massey. Well one day reading the manual and it is (and the dealer confirmed) a 34 horse with 27 horse PTO.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I heard a rumor that New Holland is discontinuing the TC-26DA. It was going to be replaced by something with a little more horsepower in the TZ series. If that is the case I would also assume they would do away with the TC-23. I have a TC-24D, I think it is a shame to do away with this size tractor. It has enough power and size to do a fair amount of work and yet is small enough and nimble enough not to tear the turf up too badly and to fit in small spaces. For how I use my tractor no way would I consider a TZ. Any one else heard this? What do you think of it if this is true? From pricing, I think New Holland pretty much priced this one out of the market as they kept raising the price on it.
I don't know what direction they're heading yet, since they still list the TC23 and the TC26 on their website. But they've added the T1010 and the T1030 to the sub-compact line. The T1010 is 20HP/engine and 15.5HP/PTO. The T1030 is 26HP/engine and 19.7HP/PTO

jbrumberg

There is an apparent "rationale" for NH/CNH's new numbering system :confused:, but it is beyond my limited comprehension :rolleyes:. Jay :letitsnow: one more time.