Deere 4720 Cab ERR207

DeereOrange

So I spent the better part of an hour in the JD dealership last week staring at the service fella looking for what an ERR207 flashing on dash corresponded to. He couldn't find out even after going into the online secret Deere service support place. The only thing operationally that corresponded to the timing of the message is the tractor used to start within one second of hitting the starter. Simultanious to that code popping up I have had to let the engine turn over for 5-10 seconds before it will start. After it starts it runs great. 205 Hours. 2011 model.

DeereOrange

ERR207

Anyone have any idea what ERR207 code flashing on my dash means? The diamond shape with the ! in it also flashes orange. The tractor just began starting hard at the same time these started popping up.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can't help with the code. Sorry.

When starting it cold, do you use the glow-plug pre-heater?

Starting harder makes me immediately think glow-plugs.

I'd also do a spot check on the fuel system. Make sure the filter is clean, bowl has no debris or sediment, solenoid makes its audible click when you turn the key on.

DeereOrange

Need help

I checked all that and all looks fine. Does anyone have a deere corporate technical support connection? This is over and above what is available at an actual deere dealer. The tech I spoke with at the dealership couln't find anything in house or online and was having trouble catching up with the deere corporate tech support to get the skinny on the a ERR207 error.

jd110

Error 207 indicates a problem with either the cam position sensor or the high pressure fuel pump position sensor. I wasn't aware of a sensor on the pump though. If your dealer plugs into it and checks the code with his computer, it will give a more detailed code to pinpoint which sensor it is. Or it may be cheaper to just try replacing the cam position sensor. It is pretty easy to replace.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
jd110, I don't know that you have been properly thanked for your many thoughtful, informative posts from your obvious wealth of JD knowledge, but I for one consider it a real boon that you are on here helping folks. All I can say is, THANK YOU!!!!

Fred

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
jd110, I don't know that you have been properly thanked for your many thoughtful, informative posts from your obvious wealth of JD knowledge, but I for one consider it a real boon that you are on here helping folks. All I can say is, THANK YOU!!!!

Fred
Well said GWB!!! I agree 110% :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: