50 Hour Service

rapracing

Just curious what you all are paying for 50 hour service on an RTV?

What all are they doing?

I just paid $293.45. Seemed a little high but what do I know? It was filters and fluids only.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds about right to me. That Super UDT Hydro fluid is great stuff but boy does it cost.

Kanook

Just curious what you all are paying for 50 hour service on an RTV?

What all are they doing?

I just paid $293.45. Seemed a little high but what do I know? It was filters and fluids only.

Rapracing.....Did they replace the tranny fluid?..My B2650 bota doesn't call for the hydro transmission fluid to be replaced until 400hrs.

rapracing

fuel filter
4qts 10w30
3 gallon super udt
oil filter
cartridge oil filter (must be 2 oil filters)
and it also lists another "filter"

All filters with different part numbers

urednecku

My B2650 bota doesn't call for the hydro transmission fluid to be replaced until 400hrs.
My M7040 they said they replace ALL fluids and filters @50 hours. There will always be machine filings left inside during assembly.

Not sure about the rtv, but I think most tractors have 2 hydro filters.

BUT,...YES....that does sound VERY expensive.

EDIT:
Looking @ Messicks web site, with filter kits from $55 to $125, 3 gallons of Super UDT @ $22 each, $19 @ gallon of engine oil, then labor, it adds up fast.

Last edited:

herman48

I just spent almost 400 dollars for the same 50-hr. service. But $80 was for the dealer to pick up my RTV and bring it back (a 40-minute drive, one way). I don't have a trailer wide enough to tow my Kubota. The one I bought a couple of years ago is wide enough for my Argo 6x6, but not for the RTV. I am going to try and sell it and buy a wider one.

sunnyside

I just spent almost 400 dollars for the same 50-hr. service. But $80 was for the dealer to pick up my RTV and bring it back (a 40-minute drive, one way). I don't have a trailer wide enough to tow my Kubota. The one I bought a couple of years ago is wide enough for my Argo 6x6, but not for the RTV. I am going to try and sell it and buy a wider one.

My 50 hour service was $277 and all was completed as per the manual. Also had a problem with my trailer not being wide enough - had to sell the old and buy another. No transport charges.

rapracing

My 50 hour service was $277 and all was completed as per the manual. Also had a problem with my trailer not being wide enough - had to sell the old and buy another. No transport charges.

Other than you have to buy the fuel for your vehicle and your time spent. Not sure which is better. My dealer is an hour away. If I deliver it, go home, and make a second trip with my truck it will cost me way more than the pick up and delivery charges.