2005 Kubota RTV 900W Steering CV Boots Replacement

albarrs

How, in detail, do I replace the two CV rubber boots on the ends of the steering rod on my Kubota RTV900W UV? Don't have any internal problems yet but need to replace the split CV boots before grit get inside... THANKS!

Al Barrs Quail Ridge Farm
Greenwood, FL
albarrs@wfeca.net

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to our forums. I'll move this thread to the RTV forum where it will get more views and replies. Enjoy and post often. :tiphat:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Bud.............there are MANY MANY threads about changing the boots here on the forum........Some folks have a hard time with me suggesting that folks do a search........BUT.......if you plug in:
RTV CV boots replacement..............you will find enough stuff to spend a day reading.............

for me the best one is:

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14060&highlight=joint+boots

Border Collie is really good at this stuff and documenting the work.......Am sure some folks will plug in soon.......God bless......Dennis

Mark.Sibole

Border collie has some easy to follow info on this.I had to replace 1 last year and it is a very easy but messy job.Just follow her directions and make sure you gont get any dirt or sand in the new grease.

albarrs

Thanks guys for the referral to that information on replacing the CV Boots on my RTV 900W... I will study the data, order a set of boots and see how it goes...

Thanks,
Al Barrs
Quail Ridge Farm
Greenwood, FL

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck with it. Others hve added helpful hints to the posts too so it is a group of us with suggestions. Have a great day. bordercollie