WooHoo!

Carpetride

Well it's official I went in and agreed to purchase the 4530 today! I will pick it up Wed. The dealer has to get the fluid put into the rear tires and also get the front forks ordered. Pretty excited and already making a list of projects that I would have otherwised hired out.

One question I had today after I left the dealer is: What type of hydraulic connections/nipple does it use? Our farm equipment being older we only had IH.

Dougster

Old Member
Well it's official I went in and agreed to purchase the 4530 today! I will pick it up Wed. The dealer has to get the fluid put into the rear tires and also get the front forks ordered. Pretty excited and already making a list of projects that I would have otherwised hired out.

One question I had today after I left the dealer is: What type of hydraulic connections/nipple does it use? Our farm equipment being older we only had IH.
Congratulations!!! :mrgreen: That is one VERY nice tractor! :thumb: Ed will be very happy that he's got another 4530 brother here on NTT!!! ;)

I'm sure your hydraulic remotes/FEL quick disconnects accept standard 3000 psi 1/2" ISO nipples like mine... in other words, your typical modern aggie hydraulic couplings. I personally prefer the "no drip" poppet style with the "connect under pressure" feature, where needed. Looking at a couple I've got here that are still in their packages, they are Pioneer #VP8010-4P-DC. Those are 1/2" NPTF type for 1/2" NPT male hose fittings.

With pioneer components, be sure to get the yellow/gold colored ones and not the silver colored ones. Don't ask me how I know this. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Bindian

Congratulations!!! :mrgreen: That is one VERY nice tractor! :thumb: Ed will be very happy that he's got another 4530 brother here on NTT!!! ;)

I'm sure your hydraulic remotes/FEL quick disconnects accept standard 3000 psi 1/2" ISO nipples like mine... in other words, your typical modern aggie hydraulic couplings. I personally prefer the "no drip" poppet style with the "connect under pressure" feature, where needed. Looking at a couple I've got here that are still in their packages, they are Pioneer #VP8010-4P-DC. Those are 1/2" NPTF type for 1/2" NPT male hose fittings.

With pioneer components, be sure to get the yellow/gold colored ones and not the silver colored ones. Don't ask me how I know this. :rolleyes:

Dougster
Carpetride,
Congrats on the new purchase. Did you order Skid Steer qucik attach for your loader? Dougster sold his drip pans when he went yellow/gold.:thumb:
hugs, Brandi

Carpetride

Oh now I see the confusion!! Heck can't you read my mind?! ;)

The loader is the 245 the pallet forks are on the quick attach. Went looking just before lunch at small implements. Anybody got a opinions on a 3pt. box blade vs. a pull type? I could see advantages to both but don't have first hand experience with either. I was thinking something just big enough to cover the tire tracks. Would mostly be used for dirt and keeping some of the driveways smoothed down.

Dougster

Old Member
Anybody got a opinions on a 3pt. box blade vs. a pull type? I could see advantages to both but don't have first hand experience with either.
Now there you go confusing the poor old Dougster again! :confused: A pull-type box blade? I've heard of pull-type mowers... but I'll be the first here to admit it: I don't know what a pull-type box blade is or how it could work very well (other than always down and pulled straight ahead!). Can you post a picture? The old Dougster only knows of the 3-point hitch type... and they work great! :)

Dougster

Bindian

Oh now I see the confusion!! Heck can't you read my mind?! ;)

The loader is the 245 the pallet forks are on the quick attach. Went looking just before lunch at small implements. Anybody got a opinions on a 3pt. box blade vs. a pull type? I could see advantages to both but don't have first hand experience with either. I was thinking something just big enough to cover the tire tracks. Would mostly be used for dirt and keeping some of the driveways smoothed down.
Carpetride,
I would say a pull type like your photo is more specialized. A 3PH box blade can be used backwards or forward. It can be used to push brush and stumps into piles, as your loader can. The 3PH box blade makes a Great counter wight while doing loader work.
hugs, Brandi

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Carpetride,
The 3PH box blade makes a Great counter wight while doing loader work.

That's what my box blade is doing most of the time. Just hanging out on the 3 point hitch :mrgreen:

Jim

Dougster

Old Member
Just curious, do you have your tires filled?
If that question was directed at moi... no, I don't. My tractor is routinely transported to remote jobsites on my 10K equipment trailer and I am already right at the legal limit for weight when the backhoe is installed.

Loaded tires would put me well over the trailer's weight limit. :eek:

Dougster

Carpetride

Thanks I was just curious, I did have tires filled with fluid. It has the R4's, he thought that would add around 1,000 lbs seemed to be little high on his guestimate to me. I won't fault him either way I had already decided to have them filled well before I agreed to buy it.

Dougster

Old Member
Thanks I was just curious, I did have tires filled with fluid. It has the R4's, he thought that would add around 1,000 lbs seemed to be little high on his guestimate to me. I won't fault him either way I had already decided to have them filled well before I agreed to buy it.
Someone once posted a link to a website with tire fill weights. Gotta go run out and shovel some snow for the GF while temps are up here in Beantown. Maybe someone else can dig up that link... or I'll find it later when I return! :)

Dougster

Bindian

Carpetride,
Let's see if this link will work.
hugs, Brandi

Here is a handy chart to tell you how much weight you can achieve:
Liquid Tire Ballast
And this one to tell you more about filling tires and ballast:
G1235 Tractor Tire and Ballast Management, MU Extension
They are both good information.