Grill Guard and Bumper

irwin

As an admirer, true believer and dedicated disciple of Bill6 and the Bill6 Standard of Excellence in tractor care and maintenance, of course I am going to be a little embarrassed by paint wear and rust showing on my machine... even if it is at a chain tie-down wear point. I had meant to file, clean and touch-up all of those tie-down wear points before winter, but never got around to it. It's not like I just came off a nasty job yesterday. This is the winter storage condition... and there is no excuse. Clearly, it should have been addressed. :eek:

Dougster

Doug, Doug...to truely aspire to Bill6 standards you'll need to accept the lifestyle of hypermiling. I'm quoting Bill himself here "hypermiling is a hobby that can become part of a lifestyle of efficiency awareness"

..so until you become a "for real" overachiever .. :sorry: you'll only reach poser level... :rolleyes:

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2006/1...uel-economy-the-greenest-extreme-sport-for-c/

Dougster

Old Member
Doug, Doug...to truely aspire to Bill6 standards you'll need to accept the lifestyle of hypermiling. I'm quoting Bill himself here "hypermiling is a hobby that can become part of a lifestyle of efficiency awareness"

..so until you become a "for real" overachiever .. :sorry: you'll only reach poser level... :rolleyes:

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2006/1...uel-economy-the-greenest-extreme-sport-for-c/
No poseur here, my friend. As perhaps this website's SINGLE MOST DEDICATED believer and follower of Bill6 and the Bill6 Standard of Excellence in tractor care and maintenance, I can assure you that the two noble activities/concepts of which we speak... The Standard of Excellence and Hypermiling are two distinct and unrelated doctrines. Even though you may see them practiced by the same person(s), there is nothing about the one which precludes legitimate belief in, and practice of, the other. I assure you that I can be a believer and practitioner in The Standard without being a believer and active practitioner of Hypermiling.

That being said, however, I owned a magnificent Ford Festiva for almost 9 years and kept written records of every single drop of gasoline ever consumed thereby. Without any cheating at all, the lifetime average fuel economy for that car was an impressive 42.04 MPG with a record high of 52.6 MPG and record low of 30.4 MPG during a particularly cold & harsh week of winter commuting.

In other words, I do deeply admire Bill6 in his quest for extreme high fuel efficiency... but for better or worse, I am no longer in a good position to practice that noble activity on a regular basis and with a dubious vehicle like the hideous old A.R.E.

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Please define REAL JOB for me. I don't think that I qualify for that statement.:tiphat:
Okay... a fair point. I retract and restate as follows:

"Spoken like a couple of filthy rich guys... at least one of which holds down a semi-real job!

The other made all his money in Hollywood"!!! :D

Dougster :starbucks:

Bindian

The reason I asked is that I feel that they are pretty much worthless.:Mickey: I'm going to mount some lights on the front of my canopy and use the cowl light switch. Hey, have you seen the hoes that have lights mounted on the top portion of the stick section of the back hoe. Seems like that would work very good for night time digging.:cool:
Are you still going to Tulare?

Brian,
Worthless, but wicked looking head on in the dark! I haven't gave any thought to more light in front. I just went out to look at the Big Red Beast. I think I would like to mount lights on a bracket attached to the loader boom forward cylinder mounting pin. But the pin would have to be longer for the added thickness of the bracket. That way the light would follow the position of the loader and shine mostly on the ends of the bucket. Another spot is inboard on the crossbar cover attach bolts. The cover over the hyd. lines, or make a bracket for mounting lights on the stowed loader stand clip pins. I guess the thing to do is position temp. lights to see how the lighting works best. The Bobcat mini excuvator I rented two years ago had boom mounted light, but only on one side of the boom. What I would like is to have a switch position to just have instrument panel lights on and no other lights........like park lights on a car.
It might get down to a day or two before Tulare to know if I am going. I might have to pay a month's apartment rent for my recently college graduated daughter. With me flying standby, it can go down to the night before, but I think the hotel wants 48 hours notice. Nothing from Mahindra yet on helping with expenses.:unhappy: Like all the posts on this forum and the other tractor forum say about them, Mahindra really doesn't seem to want to listen to the American tractor buying public's opinion.:badidea:
hugs, Brandi

Brian,
Worthless, but wicked looking head on in the dark! I haven't gave any thought to more light in front. I just went out to look at the Big Red Beast. I think I would like to mount lights on a bracket attached to the loader boom forward cylinder mounting pin. But the pin would have to be longer for the added thickness of the bracket. That way the light would follow the position of the loader and shine mostly on the ends of the bucket. Another spot is inboard on the crossbar cover attach bolts. The cover over the hyd. lines, or make a bracket for mounting lights on the stowed loader stand clip pins. I guess the thing to do is position temp. lights to see how the lighting works best. The Bobcat mini excuvator I rented two years ago had boom mounted light, but only on one side of the boom. What I would like is to have a switch position to just have instrument panel lights on and no other lights........like park lights on a car.
It might get down to a day or two before Tulare to know if I am going. I might have to pay a month's apartment rent for my recently college graduated daughter. With me flying standby, it can go down to the night before, but I think the hotel wants 48 hours notice. Nothing from Mahindra yet on helping with expenses.:unhappy: Like all the posts on this forum and the other tractor forum say about them, Mahindra really doesn't seem to want to listen to the American tractor buying public's opinion.:badidea:
hugs, Brandi

Sorry to hear that it is going to be that close of a call for going,:( hope that you can make it. Your tractor light switch doesn't have just a dash & running light position?:confused: Mine does, hey are your rear remotes 4 position with detents or something else. Just wondering if they are the same as mine.:wink:

As far as Mahindra, I'm sure that they are like all the big company's, somebody gets an idea in their head and that is what they do, good or bad. But then I don't need to tell you about big company's, you work for one. Later :wave:

Bindian

Sorry to hear that it is going to be that close of a call for going,:( hope that you can make it. Your tractor light switch doesn't have just a dash & running light position?:confused: Mine does, hey are your rear remotes 4 position with detents or something else. Just wondering if they are the same as mine.:wink:

As far as Mahindra, I'm sure that they are like all the big company's, somebody gets an idea in their head and that is what they do, good or bad. But then I don't need to tell you about big company's, you work for one. Later :wave:
Brian,
When I turn the switch for the "dash" lights on, the white fender lights come on. I don't like them on when I turn the dash lights on at dusk to see the guages. It is light enough to see without headlights, but not to see the guages. The white fender lights just put out enough glare to blind me seeing the sides of the tractor at the front tires. That is all. The white lights on the fenders help seeing as I get on and off, but also attract mosquitos. Guess y'all don't have those out there, just fruit flies. :yum::yum:
Honest quote by a senior co-worker years ago about SWA........."It's the best paying worst job I ever had". Actually, last year SWA send out a questionaire on what the employees felt, but it was all multiple choice with no room for personal comments. I didn't fill it out as it felt "canned". It was done by an "outside" company for SWA.
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Nothing from Mahindra yet on helping with expenses.:unhappy: Like all the posts on this forum and the other tractor forum say about them, Mahindra really doesn't seem to want to listen to the American tractor buying public's opinion.:badidea:
hugs, Brandi
I'm biting my lip and not sayin' nuthin'! :rolleyes: If a certain very large (worldwide) red tractor company cannot see the value of having a certain key owner, blogger and trusted interface with the American buying/owning public at the Tulare show... I just have nuthin' more to say. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Honest quote by a senior co-worker years ago about SWA........."It's the best paying worst job I ever had". Actually, last year SWA send out a questionaire on what the employees felt, but it was all multiple choice with no room for personal comments. I didn't fill it out as it felt "canned". It was done by an "outside" company for SWA.
hugs, Brandi
We used to get those too... and I always refused to fill them out. In fact, MOST of us real workers below upper management used to simply throw them away or delete them if sent via e-mail. Any fool could see that the entire structure, questions and canned answers in the questionnaire were devised and slanted to support the views and policies of those in power... and we workers didn't have free time to play games. It was a predestined upper management ego trip... no more, no less. :eek:

Dougster

Okay... a fair point. I retract and restate as follows:

"Spoken like a couple of filthy rich guys... at least one of which holds down a semi-real job!

The other made all his money in Hollywood"!!! :D

Now what exactly do you mean Semi-real job. I don't know weather that is a compliment or an insult. :eek:

Dougster

Old Member
Now what exactly do you mean Semi-real job. I don't know weather that is a compliment or an insult. :eek:
People with REAL jobs don't get paid to stay in a luxury hotel and eat lobsta and fillet mignon every night. People with REAL jobs don't get free trucks to use... with a gasoline credit card to boot! People with REAL jobs don't work 3-1/2 days a week and quit work by 3 PM. :D

Do I make my point??? :yum: :yankchain: :poke: :hide:

People with REAL jobs don't get paid to stay in a luxury hotel and eat lobsta and fillet mignon every night. People with REAL jobs don't get free trucks to use... with a gasoline credit card to boot! People with REAL jobs don't work 3-1/2 days a week and quit work by 3 PM. :D

Do I make my point??? :yum:

Dougster

Yea I guess so. By the way I worked until 4:00 today does that count for anything?:cool: :cool:

Dougster

Old Member
WoooooooooHooooooooooooooooooo
Make all the funny noises you want! :rolleyes: Shall we let everyone know that your favorite dessert (after your infamous lobsta and fillet mignon dinner) is Bananas Foster Flambé ??? :chef:

When you are the rich old Edster, first class is the only way to fly! :thumb:

Dougster

mobilus

Here's my bumper add-on. Next, I want to fill in the brush guard with expanded metal too.

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 4