Strange question from my wife??

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This morning my wife asked if I could get a front end loader for her T1860 lawn tractor.

I told her no, it wasn't designed for one.

Then she asked what it would cost to get a tractor big enough for a fel.

Guess there may be a BX in our future.

Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's one GOOD wife you got there Jim. Better hang onto her! That is awesome. Are you ordering it today? :D (Don't give her time to change her mind .....)

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The 3400 is too large to make it into the turnouts to clean up so she wants something smaller.

If she would train the horses to back up to the fence and poop on the neighbor's land instead of ours we wouldn't need another tractor with fel :shitHitsFan:

The good news is that we have no problem getting rid of it. I spread part of it and we have several folks who will take all I can load in their trailers.

Jim

larryRB

sounds to me you need some serious salesmanship and talk her into a new 26. She can do more, use a back hoe to plant those larger prize wining tulips, carry more horse dung if need be, and cut the lawn all at the same time

lb59

This morning my wife asked if I could get a front end loader for her T1860 lawn tractor.

I told her no, it wasn't designed for one.

Then she asked what it would cost to get a tractor big enough for a fel.

Guess there may be a BX in our future.

Jim
I'd love to have a BX1500.:thumb:

lb59

The 3400 is too large to make it into the turnouts to clean up so she wants something smaller.

If she would train the horses to back up to the fence and poop on the neighbor's land instead of ours we wouldn't need another tractor with fel

The good news is that we have no problem getting rid of it. I spread part of it and we have several folks who will take all I can load in their trailers.

Jim
Hay don't go giving her ideas or you will lose out on getting that second tractor.
Keep mum while you are still ahead.

lb59

sounds to me you need some serious salesmanship and talk her into a new 26. She can do more, use a back hoe to plant those larger prize wining tulips, carry more horse dung if need be, and cut the lawn all at the same time
A bx23 or 24 or A MF 2310 sounds like just the ticket.:applause:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
A bx23 or 24 or A MF 2310 sounds like just the ticket.:applause:

We tractor shopped the other day. Turns out that not only does she think the 3400 is too large, she wants something small enough she can see all of the bucket when she is loading it. Had to explain to her that was something that was just not going to happen unless I put a mirror on the hood or offset the bucket a couple of feet :wtf:

The MF or an IH might solve another problem. She is having trouble getting the orange tractor backed up to the tongue of the IH red manure spreader. I'm not sure if its the orange tractor jumping away from the red spreader or the red spreader jumping away from the orange tractor.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
UPDATE - looks like we will have a BX2350 delivered next week. FEL with hooks on the bucket, 60 inch mower deck and a canopy.

We looked at the BX1850 but I felt the move from 18hp to 23hp was worth the extra cost.

traded in a T1860 with 144 hours, 44 inch deck, snow blade, and power bagger.

Jim

Junkman

Administrator
Have them install chain grabbing hooks on the outside edge of the bucket and a open hook in the middle. Also make sure that they reinforce the front lip of the bucket. Chevy Orange paint is identical to the Kubota Orange, so it will be easy to keep it looking new for many years to come. Heck, you should have bought Danny's BX-23 for similar money and you would have gotten a few extras, including a trailer, tiller, and a post hole digger. See the FF site for details...... Junk.....

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's exactly the chain hook setup I asked for. forgot to say they would also fill the rear tires.

I thought about Danny's but with the discount, the 0% financing and the trade in it was a better deal for me. trade price was $9600 + tax, @$275 a month for 36 months. I already have a 48" tiller, couple of trailers, and a phd with 9 and 12 augers

Attachments

• MVC-025S.JPG
    MVC-025S.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I went over all the levers and controls with Beth yesterday morning and left her with it. I know she didn't want me standing around watching her the first time with her new tractor so I went back to the house. She has plowed with the B2910 and driven the L3400 a few times so she has some experience.

She used it to load the manure spreader and do some cleanup around the barn. About 1/2 hour after I left she called me and said her new tractor was fun.

Jim

Attachments

• MVC-028F.jpg
    MVC-028F.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 61
  • MVC-029F.jpg
    MVC-029F.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 58

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Why is the grass always on the other side of the fence or in this case under the tractor?

Attachments

• horses_bx.jpg
    horses_bx.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 55

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pictures Jim. What a nice addition to your family the BX makes! It sure looks like the horses and your wife and taken it into the fold. And ... I do believe you caught up with, or passed Bob S. in tractors. :D

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
And ... I do believe you caught up with, or passed Bob S. in tractors. :D

That will never happen. Even if I get close he will just buy a couple more to stay ahead.

Bob, if you see this :yankchain: :yankchain: :yankchain: :yankchain: