Real Work With My New L39

M

mtntopper

Yesterday we started trenching and putting in a permanent electrical line to a new water well on another part of our property. We also put a water line from the well in for RV usage on this property. Now we have water, sewer and electrical for any visitors with an RV that may want to visit or stay in our neighborhood. This is an invite if anyone is in our area this summer. :wave:

The L39TLB is is going to be a great little hoe. We were digging out rocks much to large for the 12 inch trenching bucket without any problems. The hoe easily pushed them around and I used the front grapple to move several much too large to put back in the trench to other areas. The ground is a boulder field and the tree roots and stumps are always a challenge. :eek:

P6010008.jpg

P6010010.jpg

larryRB

I have the bigger brother,, the 48 tlb.. I use the 12" bucket much more than the 24".. Underground electric, rock and stump removal much easier with the 12"...

M

mtntopper

I looked at the L48 but was concerned with the HST trans power and decided after talking with some other high elevation users the L39 with the GST trans would be the best fit at my 8450 foot elevation. Larry, will the L39 handle a 24 inch bucket? I bought an 18 for the machine and now wonder if I should of considered the 24. I hope to see a turbo Kubota TLB in the future and may consider an update if they build it. The L39TLB is as small as I can use with what I expect of the machine and the jobs that I need to get done.

BoneheadNW

Mtntopper-
Could you please post or pm me with details about your grapple? Specifically, I am very interested in getting one, but the installation appears to be a custom job and would be more than I could handle, skill and time wise. Who did your installation? Is your grapple a Millonzi? Have you switched back and forth to your regular FEL bucket?
Bonehead

M

mtntopper

BoneheadNW,
The grapple is made by Anbo Mfg in WA state. My L39 has the skid steer quick tool attachment setup on the front loader. My local Kubota dealer set up the front hydraulic controls for the grapple and mounted the grapple prior to delivery. I have used the grapple for all kinds of jobs including backfilling after the backhoe, rock removal, and uprooting trees that are leaners instead of switching back to the front bucket on small jobs. It is also setup to use as a rake for clean up. The local dealer also liked the Anbo better than what he has sold in the past. He will stock and recommend them for his customers now. It is very well made and I think better for my use than the Millonzi.

http://www.anbomanufacturing.com/grapple_rakes/grapple_rakes_1.htm

BoneheadNW

BoneheadNW,
The grapple is made by Anbo Mfg in WA state. My L39 has the skid steer quick tool attachment setup on the front loader. My local Kubota dealer set up the front hydraulic controls for the grapple and mounted the grapple prior to delivery. I have used the grapple for all kinds of jobs including backfilling after the backhoe, rock removal, and uprooting trees that are leaners instead of switching back to the front bucket on small jobs. It is also setup to use as a rake for clean up. The local dealer also liked the Anbo better than what he has sold in the past. He will stock and recommend them for his customers now. It is very well made and I think better for my use than the Millonzi.

http://www.anbomanufacturing.com/grapple_rakes/grapple_rakes_1.htm

After doing some research, I too think your setup is better than the Millinzi. Would it be possible for you to take some pics of the front hydrolic controls and the quick tool attachment setup? Also, if you don't mind, could you give me a ballpark estimate on what the entire grapple setup would cost me (very approximate)? I just want to see if this is something that would even be possible for me to consider. A grapple would be the one attachment that I could use for years and could save big $$ on landscaping costs.
Thanks in advance,
Bone

M

mtntopper

BoneheadNW,
I do not know what your tractor model is and that will make a difference in the cost of a grapple setup.

I am using the optional Kubota front electric/hydraulic control and valve kit to operate the grapple. The 2 button switch integrates with the loader control lever. It is very user friendly and easy to operate. You can lock it out with another switch at the base of the joystick. The grapple on my L39 is the medium duty. The dealer did the complete installation and it was part of my new tractor purchase package. Here is what I estimated the costs to be for my L39:

Anbo 72" Medium Duty Grapple - $3,000.00
Kubota Kit For Front Hydraulic Controls - $750.00
Misc Hoses and Hardware to Install - $100.00

These prices include the labor for mounting and installation on my L39. I saw an Anbo grapple in use on the internet and decided it was what I wanted after looking at several other brands. At this point, function was more more important to me than saving a few dollars on an inferior grapple that was not as good of quality or as functional for my useage. Hope this info helps.

M

mtntopper

The grapple control on the loader joystick will also control and operate my hydraulic driven PHD auger. The PHD is setup offset toward the RH side of the front loader frame on the skid steer type attachment frame. It will be more visible when using mounted this way. I have not used the PHD yet, but it should work great also.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That looks like a great rig Mtntopper.

I've already cleared my property though. :sad:

Maybe I should buy more wooded land so I have an excuse to buy a grapple.

Jim

Mith

Jim, maybe buy a grapple so you have an excuse to get more wooded land? :D

Quite a machine Mtntopper. You should put a hoe on the front of one of those snow cats ;)