Stick Stopper

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
My '16 1120D has a plastic guard for the outer axle shaft but not the inner. This leaves the inner boot exposed to sticks, stones and any Ohio coyotes that are slower than me.

I've heard of stop sticks mentioned on this group - is that a fix for the inner shaft or just outer or both? Is there a Kubota part for that?

Pic attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20180729_154237.jpg
    20180729_154237.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 253

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Wow , that looks like a problem waiting to happen. I don't have that model design or know how it flexes, but I'd have problems with it here. My old design 900xt has the inners more protected by the frame . collie

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
My '16 1120D has a plastic guard for the outer axle shaft but not the inner. This leaves the inner boot exposed to sticks, stones and any Ohio coyotes that are slower than me.

I've heard of stop sticks mentioned on this group - is that a fix for the inner shaft or just outer or both? Is there a Kubota part for that?

Pic attached.

Thanks

I know forum member peanut has built some in the past but as an alternative, if the OEM ones are available, couldn't you buy another set and swap them side to side so the wide end is in-line with the u-joint.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This is a picture of my stick stopper on my RTV 900xt. Forgive the mess, it's been a hectic season. Peanut made this set and can you believe it's 6 years old- good steel and paint with 3800 hrs on it. :) collie

Attachments

• KIMG0014.jpg
    KIMG0014.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 240

ovrszd

That's gonna be difficult to protect.

Hopefully someone that owns that model and has some fab skills can give it a try!!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
This is a picture of my stick stopper on my RTV 900xt. Peanut made this set and can you believe it's 6 years old- good steel and paint with 3800 hrs on it. :) collie

I still have the same RTV 900, Still have Peanuts Stoppers on mine.
Great investment .....

............ two guns

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I Agree Two Guns. His stick stoppers are the Cadillac of stick stoppers. Now Pawpaw grower needs a set that works for his.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yes,Peanut's stick stoppers are great but i think they should be renamed"Stump Stoppers" they are that good. if only he made some for the X models

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Here are other photos of a stick stopper for an earlier 1100 RTV ... made by peanut

Attachments

• IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 201

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Oh yes,
If you don't think it will happen. Ask me.....
Purchased a new Honda 4wheeler. 15 minutes into having in my possession
on the place. Little pecan stick shish kabob'd my front boot on the machine.
My thoughts was to wait till I get my protection on before I hit the swamps.
Body Armour for the machine will be in a few days and have it installed.....
But then, thinking I was to smart to "do something crazy" or let something happen ....... WRONG >>>

Then, It happened, just putt-putt-putting looking for tracks.
Guess who was replacing a brand new boot that evening.... yep, !!!!
I was pissed .....

Get your machine protected before it happens. Makes life much easier ....

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
How can we contact Peanut? Can we talk him into making stick stoppers for the x series?

just talked to our Peanut, he's putting in some long, long hours down there. He said he will jump on the site as soon as he gets caught up.

Peanut better do what he's going to do. Gator season starts first Wednesday of September...... He don't want to fall behind.....
:thumb:

>>>>>>>>>>>>> two guns

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
ok guys i have a half day off.lol havent had time to make it to the bota dealer to make a set but if anyone wants to send me their stock set and just tell me how much longer they need to be ill get on it.i.m hoping to get a week off one day so i can get over to the bota dealer.right now im practly living at port fouchon and when im not there i do kobs at emr recycling and a lift boat compay so between them they keep me rolling.

zenchal26

Pranut, really need something like you made for the earlier models that go up both sides of the a-arm to protect the front and rear side of the boots. I just received the metal Kubota ones and installed them today. The front ones are smaller than the plastic ones and don’t offer much protection. The rear ones are pretty good. You need to buy two sets to protect the front and rear side of the boot though for both the front axle and rear axle. At a $100 a set that’s super steep. They also don’t offer protection from sticks coming up through the bottom of the a-arm like peanuts earlier stick stoppers. I’ll be keeping an eye out for what you come up with peanut. I had your last ones on my 04 excelent product

Meyerske

I definitely agree about protecting both the front and back sides of the boots. Great idea. Can't wait to get these for my X1120D.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
can someone partner up an get me a templete.I'll try an see if I can make it or to the equipment place an make templet too