Anyone use this coast plug for x1100c?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yea the schematics say so too but in the WSM it states to replace and not adjust but it also gives pressure readings to be taken with warm oil and full RPM in reverse stall. so yes it can be adjusted.

mkc1962

So...let me get this correct.

On an RTVX, all you need to do is install the alternate plug?...nothing else.
Of course if one knew the exact depth of that center plug on the Alt/aftermarket plug, why couldn't one adjust the OEM to that same depth. Appears to me as nothing more than a preload setting....Looking at the two Dave has in his hand. The OEM is a bit deeper than the Alt/Aftermarket.

I have a 2018 RTVX900 and already tired of this neck breaking. BUT, when I read on this topic I have yet to fully understand what truly is the correct way to deal with it, on my model. I did get the FSM just for this model, and it does have a section on adjusting the dynamic breaking. But, if a simple plug will do the same thing, why not.

Not that I care to be the one to start any such crap, but I am surprised someone has not filed a safety class action against Kubota. This could be right dangerous in the right situation.

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the way i understand it is all you need is the replacement cap or plug as it may be but you leave the valve in place. when you look at the plug vs the original cap with adjustable stem it leads me to believe you can carefully adjust the stem on the original cap to get same results. if you choose to adjust then mark the orientation before you start and proceed in very small increments and test until the desired results are achieved. if i were unhappy i would adjust. on the old non X models the coast plug was a complete replacement for the valve,a completely different transmission.

let us know what you do so others can benefit from your experience"please"

mkc1962

Aurthur,

Thanks for the input. However, if mine is like the one Dave shows, I would not at this point in time want to cut that outer husk off to adjust. Usually all my equipment does not see the dealer ever again. But it being brand new, If for some reason or another I would need to take it in for any Warranty work, would want that to appear as though It were un tampered.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Aurthur,

Thanks for the input. However, if mine is like the one Dave shows, I would not at this point in time want to cut that outer husk off to adjust. Usually all my equipment does not see the dealer ever again. But it being brand new, If for some reason or another I would need to take it in for any Warranty work, would want that to appear as though It were un tampered.

I hear ya on that. wouldn't want to void the warranty. the coast plug would also void the warranty also though. maybe while it is under warranty you could get the dealer to adjust it for you???:tiphat:

ovrszd

I hear ya on that. wouldn't want to void the warranty. the coast plug would also void the warranty also though. maybe while it is under warranty you could get the dealer to adjust it for you???:tiphat:

Very good point. A simple visit and discussion with the Service Manager or better yet one of the mechanics might answer all these questions for the OP.

mkc1962

Well first I bought it out of state and dont really want to carry it 4 hours to have any adjustment that I can also do...IF that is even what it takes.

2nd, have called two dealers on the topic, both want to spout liability and say it is what it is...its running the way it was intended.

If I were to put the plug in, id just keep the old for the just in case. All I want to know is, from anyone that can speak to fact on the model, " Will this plug alone deal with the situation on the new RTVX900?"

tfdr1

If I were to put the plug in, id just keep the old for the just in case. All I want to know is, from anyone that can speak to fact on the model, " Will this plug alone deal with the situation on the new RTVX900?"

Mine is a 2014 X900 and not sure if any changes have been made since, so that's my "Disclaimer" to to the following statement.

I stated in an earlier post that coast plug made the difference between launching my kids and wife into the windshield when letting off the go peddle and now they only hit it when I mash the brakes on purpose. After replacing with the coast plug my wife's statement was "Wow, that made a big difference".

Dave

zenchal26

Super easy install took longer to find the socket than to install it. Nice easy stops still has a little resistance going down hills

mkc1962

Aurthur, you were lots of help, thanks for your input on commenting on past posts.

Dave,
thanks for the clarification. I guess I overlooked the fact that yours was an X900 as this original topic was about the 1100c. and assuming from all I've seen here and in a few manuals that at least from 2014 until today not much has changed if any. Probably go ahead and buy one then...would prefer to save the $ and just adjust, but then would have to deal with the possible warranty concern IF anything were to happen and all I had on hand was an altered OEM part....Oh the woes of owning new stuff.

tfdr1

Mike,

I know the original post was about the 1100 but thought I saw the plug was for the 900 and 1100 and that's what made me chime in. Figured if the same part fit both then it was relevant.

Dave

mkc1962

Ordered one today, be here friday...maybe find time this weekend to install...update after

Dave thanks for the detailed pics earlier in this thread.

kennyr

Just want to add that I bought the Coast plug for the x900 the week after I took delivery of my new RTV last October, and it has worked great to reduce the jarring deceleration. Very easy to just remove old plug and replace with the new one, and would recommend it to anyone.

mkc1962

It arrived yesterday and was installed in under 5 minutes. It did make the Jarring some better...I expected to see alot more difference, but maybe mine from the factory was not as bad as most.

For the record of those that may follow and ask will it work on certain models.

This was installed in a 2018 RTVX900. Yes, just the coast plug, no need to replace the coast valve.

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I don't believe there are coast valves for the 2014 and up rtvx-1100c, news tranny design

i was in the same boat but was wrong. there is a product for the X models but it is different from the old ones. it is just a replacement non adjustable cap that goes over the original valve. it looks to me like the original can be adjusted but not sure.

mkc1962

According to the package it came in and its specs, it is for the 900, 1100 & 1120 RTVX models. I would tend to think if it works on my 2018 900RTVX, then would also work on the 1100 and 1120 also up to at least 2018.