Going green after 4 years with x900

628pm

Site Supporter
Got the itch the other day to look at a gator. While the gator is not the work horse the kubota is, I don’t use one in that way. I received a very good deal on a 835m with Hvac.

Decided to pull the trigger today.

Good luck to all the rtv owners on this forum. I will still be looking in on this forum and moving down to another group.

628pm

Site Supporter
I think it was a love hate relationship with the hydro for me. On flat ground it was great, go up an incline and it would crawl. When test driving the gator, dealer said take it down the country road. Drove a little bit when I came upon a very steep hill (at least for me) if I was in the x900 I would probably had to put it in low range and probably be going 5 or 10 mph before reaching the top, with the gator I was going 30 with no issues. I believe I had the ac on also. I think that sold me. Now could I use the gator like you guys use your vehicles I don’t know. First off that looks like too much work.

Good luck too all, like I said I will be moving down to another section.:harley::harley::harley:

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I was just relieved you hadn't converted to a wind or battery or solar power buggy. Not that is bad or anything - just not my pint of ale....as it were.

Whatever best serves your needs 628.

Hope you get lots of great service from the Deere.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I was just relieved you hadn't converted to a wind or battery or solar power buggy. Not that is bad or anything - just not my pint of ale....as it were.

Whatever best serves your needs 628.

Hope you get lots of great service from the Deere.

i have wind turbines all around me. "terrible things" the state had to raise our taxes so they could pay for more of them.

shinnery

A couple years ago a local newspaper reporter wrote an article about our Congressman coming to town to talk about some local wind turbans to be built. She referred to them as wind turbans several times. I laughed out loud. And when I sent an email about her error she got mad at me because I did not sign my email.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I have absolutely no problem with a power company or private property owner having a wind turbine. I do not believe taxpayers should be asked to pay for or subsidize wind or solar projects.

With all due respect to any government employees on here, I am not impressed with the way the government handles our tax dollars. They are notoriously wasteful and don't measure whether something works or not - they just keep asking for money - or just confiscating it.

There are also people working in government who will say/do anything to advance their political agenda using tax dollars. I would rather they just sell bonds to people who are willing to speculate on alternative energy.

I am not a big fan of those "turbans" haha.

Maine

Drove a little bit when I came upon a very steep hill (at least for me) if I was in the x900 I would probably had to put it in low range and probably be going 5 or 10 mph before reaching the top, with the gator I was going 30 with no issues.

Perhaps the difference in hill climbing ability was as much or more due to 54 hp vs 22 hp than the differences in transmissions.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have absolutely no problem with a power company or private property owner having a wind turbine. I do not believe taxpayers should be asked to pay for or subsidize wind or solar projects.

With all due respect to any government employees on here, I am not impressed with the way the government handles our tax dollars. They are notoriously wasteful and don't measure whether something works or not - they just keep asking for money - or just confiscating it.

There are also people working in government who will say/do anything to advance their political agenda using tax dollars. I would rather they just sell bonds to people who are willing to speculate on alternative energy.

I am not a big fan of those "turbans" haha.

i think i may be a government employee??? i work half a day each day for the gov.:hide:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Add: John Deere Gator owners forum. Problem solved
I'd be happy to create a "Gator Forum" so our gator owners can post tidbits about their machines. With some tidbits posted google will bring more gator owners over and yall can help each other much like the RTV forum works here.

Say the word and I'll get the forum made.

628pm

Site Supporter
Doc that sounds great. My gator should be in within a few days . Add ons being taken care of now at the dealer.

Bill

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome. I'll make the forum and look forward to your observations on your new workhorse!!!

hondajoe

Trade in

I took mine to a Polaris dealer there offer was 8000 I have about 18000 in it could not do that its a 2016 X 900 600 Miles.joe

628pm

Site Supporter
I got nearly twice that amount for a 2014 x900 with boss vplow and 2950 miles on it.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I got nearly twice that amount for a 2014 x900 with boss vplow and 2950 miles on it.
Sounds like you sure got a fair deal for yours. Was that from a dealer or selling it outright?

628pm

Site Supporter
From the dealer I bought my gator from. They are about 60 miles from where I live, i have a jd dealer within eye sight from me but they didn’t come close to my deal I received.

So I am very happy, just hoe I am as happy after receiving the new gator. Kubota x900 has been very good to me.