Tire Checking

While sprucing everything up this weekend I noticed that the front tires are starting to develop cracks in the side walls. One tire has them all the way around the side wall. The other has just started. Anyone ever seen this before. These tires are not even a year old yet, and have less than 50 hours machine time on them.

Ed

Attachments

• tire checking.jpg
    tire checking.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 63
  • tire checking 2.jpg
    tire checking 2.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 57
Is it parked outside ? Sunlight? Not all that unusual!!

Yea Dean, it is outside. But after only 8 months. The rears are not showing any cracks. That plus I can go to my buddies place all three of his tractors are out all year long. Some of his tires are 4 plus years old with no cracks.

Archdean

Yea Dean, it is outside. But after only 8 months. The rears are not showing any cracks. That plus I can go to my buddies place all three of his tractors are out all year long. Some of his tires are 4 plus years old with no cracks.

ED, they are shipped in steel crates minus tires , no telling how long they (tires) sat in the yard/yards till you came along!!

I personaly would tell your dealer that your not happy and this is NOT what you EXPECT,, He will replace them rim and all if he values your business... I used to work for Kubota and I can state without question that I have hauled mounted tires and rims till I turned blue, just from buyers wanting to swap R1's R4's or turf varities, it is not a big deal and if your dealer is any size at all he will have them by the crate full or at least his jobber will! AND TITAN Wouldn't want to deal with you later either!! Trust me!!

Bindian

While sprucing everything up this weekend I noticed that the front tires are starting to develop cracks in the side walls. One tire has them all the way around the side wall. The other has just started. Anyone ever seen this before. These tires are not even a year old yet, and have less than 50 hours machine time on them.

Ed
Ed,:wave:
Have you been lifting a lot of weight with your loader?
hugs, Brandi

urednecku

Looks like weather and / or age to me, too. Running hours I don't think have too much of that kind of effect on the sidewalls, unless maybe extream flex, as in underinflated or over loaded. I think I also would call my salesman. I agree with Archdean, no telling how many months they actually sat in the weather before being mounted.

Have you been lifting a lot of weight with your loader?
hugs, Brandi

No, haven't done any heavy lifting. Just the normal stuff. Last summer when we were doing round bales I know I was watching the tires because the machine was new to me and I was paying close attention.

Looks like weather and / or age to me, too. Running hours I don't think have too much of that kind of effect on the sidewalls, unless maybe extream flex, as in underinflated or over loaded. I think I also would call my salesman. I agree with Archdean, no telling how many months they actually sat in the weather before being mounted.

I think the last statementmay be the cause. Yes they are brand new, but just how long have they been sitting around.

xlr82v2

Do you use ArmorAll or similar product on your tires? I've seen a few tires that have been heavily AA'd develop cracks like that. Don't know why it happens though.

Ed

Okay...so what was the final resolution?
Did they give you new tires or what?

Okay...so what was the final resolution?
Did they give you new tires or what?

Took pictures of the tires, and took them down to the dealership last Friday. He seem to think that they would warranty them, but had to wait to hear from MAhindra?Titan. I'll stop in on Friday to see what is going on.

As far as ArmorAll, This is a tractor not a show car. The muddier the better.

NEWS UPDATE:

It's been a while so I'll try to fill everyone in. I was informed by my Mahindra Dealer that all warranty issues with Titan tires must be handled thru an authorized Titan dealer.

Got in touch with one dealer in MA and never got a call back from him. Started talking with another dealer in Maine early this week.

Just heard back from him a little while ago, Tiatn is going to waranty the tires. A new pair is on their way. I will drop off the tires on Monday on my way by and pick them up on my way home next Friday. There is a little catch though. It seems that Titan will supply the new tires but I have to pay to have them dismounted and mounted.

Not exactly pleased with the notion of having to pay this, I posted something about this on another site.

A few minutes later I got a call from Brenda in customer service at Mahindra. Mahindra is stepping up to the plate and is going to cover the additional fees that the Titan dealer will be charging me.

A big THANK YOU goes out to all the flks at Mahindra that have had a part in customer satisfaction.

One last little bit of info that I can confirm. The rumor that Armour All or like products will cause side wall cracking, has been confirmed. While talking to the Titan dealer, it was one of the questions he asked. My response was that it was a tractor, the muddier the better. He did tell me that the use of tire cleaners will dry out the tires and cause cracking within 2 months. --Yikes---

So now you have the full story, from a VERY SATISFIED Mahindra customer.

Ed

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome. That is good news. I guess I could understand using armor all or something similar if you were going to have your tractor in a parade or something .... but for everyday use. :yum: The idea cracks me up. :yum: Muddier the better works for me.

I wonder if other products made for tires also cause the same issue? I do treat my auto's tires on occasion, but not with the armor all product but something called tire shine or something like that.

Bindian

Hurray for the home team
.............................AGAIN:applause:Glad to hear you are being taken care of all the way around the tire. No pun intended!:pat:
hugs, Brandi

Hurray for the home team.............................AGAIN:applause:Glad to hear you are being taken care of all the way around the tire. No pun intended!:pat:
hugs, Brandi

Aren't we being funny tonight. Yes Brenda and Brian have been taking care of me. I have nothing but good things to say about the team at this point. Brenda stepped up to the plate and convinced those that work with her that it was the right thing to do.

N

Nicahawk

That's good news. It's nice to know some customer service still exists.

I wonder how many other tractors have Titan tires. I don't know what brand mine are, bit I will check them in a couple hours.

That's good news. It's nice to know some customer service still exists.

I wonder how many other tractors have Titan tires. I don't know what brand mine are, bit I will check them in a couple hours.

Bazillions of tractors have Titan Tires. I believe that with the aquisition of Goodyear AG division, Titan is the largest supplier of AG tires in the US.

I was talking to the tire dealer yesterday and he told me that Titan is expecting over a BILLION dollar sales year. Currently they have over a hundred million in backorder sales right now. He called the other day for a tire and they told him that they did not currently in stock, and if he ordered it that day he could be looking at as much as a year wait for the tire.

Bindian

Aren't we being funny tonight. Yes Brenda and Brian have been taking care of me. I have nothing but good things to say about the team at this point. Brenda stepped up to the plate and convinced those that work with her that it was the right thing to do.
Oh, I'm not just funny tonight, but every night.:yum::yum::yum: I am a blast to be around ALL the time. What about you?:rolleyes::hide:
hugs, Brandi:letitsnow: