Hyd pump.

Put a new hyd pump on my 240 today. Pretty good job but all went well. The old one was so bad that the fel wouldn't work with the 3 pt half way up. I could turn the old one with my fingers.

Mark777

Now there's somethin' that doesn't happen very often. Those pumps are tough as nails and last thousands of hours...but thirty years of tractoring must take it's toll somewhere.

Big difference in performance now? (glad you're up-n-runnin :) ).

Mark

L

LMTC

Now there's somethin' that doesn't happen very often. Those pumps are tough as nails and last thousands of hours...but thirty years of tractoring must take it's toll somewhere.

Big difference in performance now? (glad you're up-n-runnin :) ).

Mark

You are right Mark. Our experience with them is that when they do finally fail they are too worn for a new seal to make any difference. We are apparently approaching the natural limit for them, as we have seen more pump failures in the past two years than in our previous 13 or so. We have new pumps available for about 8-10 models, and pumps on the way for most other models. This is likely going to be a high replacement item in the next few years....then they'll be good for a few more decades.

Mark777

Welcome to NTT Wayne :starbucks:!

Very glad to see you here. Now we have a great and valuable resource for parts support and Yanmar knowledge to help us along.

If anyone is interested in inexpensive parts (most often cheaper by comparison), consumables or good used UTDA grey market Yanmar tractors, let me be the first to introduce Wayne Foreman (to the few who may not know him) from Little Miami Trading Co. ( http://www.LMTCompany.com )!

Mark