RTV floorboard preventative maintenance

ccmdvl1960

Hello all, I thought I'd share some photos of some of the work I did to prolong the life of the floor in the front of my RTV1140.

This is a 2009 RTV1140 I bought used in 2014. It currently has about 860 hours.

I removed the rubber mat, plastic and seat from the front. I used an angle grinder with wire wheel attachment to remove the loose paint and clean up the surface. I then used POR Metal Ready zinc-phosphate coating, rinsed, then applied POR 15 with a brush. I then sprayed with Kubota gray semi-gloss.

I also did the same to the underside of the floor on both sides of the front cab area, but did not apply the Kubota gray.

The plastic fasteners that hold the mat down are approx. $1.40/piece from Kubota. I ended up getting some universal ones from Advance Auto for about $.72/piece. They fit fine. I also replaced the hex bolts that hold the plastic in place on and around the floor with stainess and applied anti-sieze to make it easier to remove them next time (had to drill the heads off, use heat and vise grips to get some of them out this time).

Next year, perhaps I'll take up the mat for the back seat and see how that looks. I didn't want to keep the unit out of service any longer!

A bit of work for something that no one will ever see with the mat on, but I think it will stretch out the lifespan of that thin floor.

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 213

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great. Nice work. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Really nice!!!!!! Want some free room and board in NW Ga this fall?????? God bless...Dennis

TRIBUTE100

I bought some Corroseal rust converter about a year ago to paint the frame on my truck that had got a rusty look to it and I wanted to make it look better. I've done a couple of test spots and it seems to hold up well. It's black in color and I don't plan to paint over it although you can. You can buy it from HomeDepot.com and I think it's about $54 a gallon. You only have to brush off the loose rust and this stuff will chemically convert the rust. No major sanding required. Here is the website:
http://corroseal.com/