L10 Craftsman riding mower modified for implements

Gary66

There are tons of old riding mowers available for free to $25. I have a few myself, and this is one. I decided to see what it could do if I beefed it up a little. I made a front blade that adjusts every direction and a rear box scraper and tried it out. Then I returned it to the shop to repair the carnage and paint it. That's the stage now, so it's hanging from it's nose so I can hook up the running gear etc. Sorry about the difficulty of figuring out something that is not in it's normal position. Finished pic's will be posted, so I thought I should post some pre-completion shots. My conclusion is that NOTHING will turn these little fella's into real tractors, but, they can be made to do everything a homeowner might want to do on his small property. They are limited by the verticle engine shaft, belt drive, poor traction and a thinwall transaxle. Even this Foote transaxle is marginal for axle shaft support. Gears are fine etc. but I will have to make a strong support frame for the ends of the axles. My grandson will love the tractor and that's good enough for me. He's outgrown the first one I built for him. He'll be able to pretend to work just like Grampa. Inform me if I have exceeded the allowable picture attachments.

Attachments

• Green 1a.jpg
    Green 1a.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Green 2a.jpg
    Green 2a.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Green 4a.jpg
    Green 4a.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 81
  • Green 5a.jpg
    Green 5a.jpg