12V Hydraulic FEL

Gary66

2 pic's are of an original Perrin Garden Tractor, 1940's vintage. Other 3 pic's are of my modified Perrin. This time, I added cylinders and controls from an old Merc. 140 outboard 12V hydraulic system. Max 3,000PSI but does all work so far @ 1,000psi or less. Lifts over 300lbs of dirt/mud in a full bucket. I loosen the compacted soil with the original bottom plow then scoop and haul up a hill to dump for a terrace site. Although a rare tractor, restoration is not of interest to me. Modification for current work is...and it has performed for several years now in different applications. I made a box scraper with rippers and a front blade. The Wisconsin AEH (approx 5hp now) has so much power I operate just above idle for the toughest work. I converted the hand clutch to foot operation. The clutch simply tips the engine to tighten the 3 belts and has proven to be the best hook-up of any belt driven machine I've owned. I don't know how much can be said in one post OR how many attachments. I did see that there are restrictions but I couldn't determine anything beyond jpg size. Tell me if I'm outta line...thanks. (OOPS! 3 pic's came out too large. I'll work on that for the future, sorry.)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Perrin 1.jpg
    Perrin 1.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 157
  • Perrin 2.jpg
    Perrin 2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Perrin 3.jpg
    Perrin 3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 152

Kanook

I can just picture that thing transforming itself ( as in the TRANSFORMERS movie) into some sort of flying machine or high speed road warrior.. Very interesting creation that appears to evolve as necessity dictates..

Great work..

Gary66

Plays the fiddle too!

You are very observant! It DOES those things...plays the fiddle too. Did you notice the offset rear end? The components are mostly Model A Ford, which gives me some backup in the event of failure in my '28 Model A soft-top Business Coupe.

Bindian

You are very observant! It DOES those things...plays the fiddle too. Did you notice the offset rear end? The components are mostly Model A Ford, which gives me some backup in the event of failure in my '28 Model A soft-top Business Coupe.

Gary66,:smile:
:wow: I finally know what kind of tractor my childhood friend's Dad used in his garden! Now I know it was a Perrin Garden Tractor. :thankyou2: Is that rear axle geared or chain reduction? :confused2:

My Dad had a David Bradley walk behind tractor when I was young. Something high:gotsmoney: dollar broke and Dad stated he was not able to fix it.

So I took the 3HP Clinton engine off of it and used it to power my first mini bike. :idea: That Clinton took forever to wind up RPMs and get the mini bike up to full speed, but when it did, it blasted past my brother's and friend's mini bikes that had 3.5 HP Briggs and Stration engines on them.:a1:

I didn't know better and removed the linkage to the governor, which let the governor shaft slip into the engine and tore the timing gear teeth up.:pat: I love those good OLD engines.:drive2:
hugs, Brandi:blob_blue: