welders. Suggestions?

dwadec21

Do you guys think the proposed method in the first sketch will work? the two pieces of steel are already affixed together, so taking them apart to prep is out of the question. Ill attach a second sketch to give you an idea of what i am doing.

Attachments

• photo1-dc.jpg
    photo1-dc.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 78
  • photo-dc.jpg
    photo-dc.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 78

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

Nice pictures but what are you making?

dwadec21

Thanks, just a quick sketch. I forgot to take a picture this morning before I headed to work. Im attaching a Front End Loader to my old b6200d Kubota and ran into some fastening issues.

dwadec21

Would like more pics and info. How did you pick/get the loader? The 1009 is made for a bigger tractor. Looking at this reference chart, you should be using the 1006.

http://www.wadetractor.com/state/StateCatalogs/Woods/Loaders_01-16-06.pdf

It is a Woods 1006. It came off a b1700hd that my cousin has. I ordered a mounting kit from Woods for my b6200. They had to fab it of course because the tractor is a 1980's model.

If I have time this evening ill take some photos and post them tomorrow.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oops. I read it wrong on the note. Pics tomorrow sounds good.

sportsman

looks good. this is what is called a dynamically loaded structure, which means it takes a beating.i would weld all 4 sides starting and stopping 3/4 of an inch from each end. at the end of each weld pull the weld out about 3/4 of an inch so that the cratter is'nt in the line of the weld because that little crater pit will be the first place a weld starts to crack. hope i could help.