jdX300

I changed oil beginning of season.It has begin to stall since last gas fill .I changed sp and gas filter and did some mowing.It began to stall again.Maybe gas is problem?It is only 2 yrs old.What is easiest way to drain gas tank?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does is sputter before it dies or does it just shut down all of a sudden? Does it start back up OK or does something need done to get it started again?

Assuming your fuel filter is below your tank (inline, on the fuel line to the carb), I'd disconnect the line at the filter and drain the tank right there. If it's flowing nicely and gas is clean, that may not be your issue so I'd stop draining.

x300

thanks-yes it sputters will run awhile then sputters stops starts runs ,etc.no the fuel line is above tank and did not even leak when I changed filter and tank is closed so I can not get siphon hose.maybe I will jack up back where tank is so line is lower and it will drain.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When it's running, can you see gas going through the filter?

Sounds like you either have crap in the carb or in the tank.

yes ,since I changed filter it is clean,this thing will not drain gas tank with filter hose disconnected,nothing flowing... ,crap right thanks