How do you carry small tools?

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
The little toolbox on these Yanmars is only big enough for a couple of spare linch pins, gloves, maybe a 10 inch Crescent wrench.

My first addition was a couple of canvas bags to carry water and the hand pruners I need in the orchard. One is also large enough for my folding pruning saw.

Here's a photo I made a while back, before I added the ROPS and additional storage.

DSCN4953rBrickPallet&CanvasBags.jpg

What have others done to carry small tools?

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
... and after I installed the ROPS I tried various ways to carry larger tools.

Finally it occurred to me a golf bag would be ideal. Now the shovel, pruning shears, mattox etc remain in the golf bag all the time so I'm ready for anything.

P1070316rYanmar&PlantTree.jpg

Still later I needed to carry cordless power tools - a hedge trimmer to cut access paths into huge berry bushes, and a recipro saw to deal with broken limbs. I added a second golf bag to carry them within reach.

I have a couple more pictures showing the golf bag carriers in a previous thread:
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204

Mark777

Those are all good ideas that you've implemented.

After trying ammo boxes, 4" PVC pipe and other combinations, I resorted to just snatching my little 4' X 7' flat bed trailer with the 2" ball welded to my box-blade. I still have to 'chock' all the stuff so it doesn't roll off, but this way, I never forget that one little thing that makes you go all the way back to the shop. And none of my tractors are very big to begin with...

Mark

Dougster

Old Member
What have others done to carry small tools?
The good news is that wherever the day's job takes me, my pick-up truck is always there. It has to be because it tows the tractor! ;)

My pickup always includes a good selection of tools. There is no need or way I could ever carry on the tractor everything that is needed for the tractor on a remote jobsite.

My GF and daughters gave me a really nice truck tool box for Christmas last year... but I can't use it due to the fact that it limits my view out the rear window. This is not good for either towing (especially when backing up over hills) or snowplowing! So all of my truck-carried hand tools are kept in simple white plastic bins located under my rear seat... kinda like those plastic dish washing tubs actually. The tools are isolated by purpose and I find that the plastic tubs are more "user friendly" and easy to clean than metal toolboxes when you are out working in the dirt & mud. :)

Dougster