bed rails

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

is anyone interested in buying some sets of bed rails for thier rtv's? the ones i have made on my hpx are made out of 1/2 round bar and let me tell you i don't know what i did before i put them on.so for i stacked over 300lbs on them and they held up just fine . i also use them as tie down points too i would go. as for as saying they are a must have for any utv. the ones i made are some plain janes but the ones i would make for you guys would really put a smile on your faces. the ones i wanna make for you guys will have some collars on the inside so you could slide in a bed wall extender for when your hauling firewood and it's realy stacked high and when you dount need the extra hieght just take them out. so give me some feed back what do you think??? here is a picture of the ones i made for my hpx . now the ones i would make for the rtv would be more heavey duty but this is just to give you a idea.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

1002382vj5.jpg
</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

MRBASS

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

Available in RealTree hardwoods ????? to match the bed of the RTV.....?</P>

Wonder how some 1" Square tubing would work? I might just have to an account so you can bill me weekly if you Keep coming upwith all these goodies>I havent even got a chanceto install thoseBad A$$Stick Stoppersyou made me yet.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">well would you be interested in a set? the part that mounts to the bed would be made out of 1-1/4" angle iron and 1/4 thick and the rail itself would be iegher 3/4 round bar or 3/4 square tubing what would ya'll rather roand bar or tubing the round bar is alot stronger but it's what ever ya;ll want i can only recomend what i think would be best. as for as color the camo i could have them dipped but if your gonna be tying things down they do gets scratchs so the camo would be a waist of money but i could get a paint to come close to the color of the camo thet way it wont stand out but to me black would look great..just say the word and i'll get started on a set for youi can call and get a price on materials and i'll have a price for you tomorrow if you want just let me know .</P>

kas1263

Could you make a set for a RTV900? How much would it cost? And how would you send it?</p>

</p>

kas1263@56 hours</p>

G

<P mce_keep="true">Those look great. I'm impressed by some of the stuff your cranking out. </P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">just think what i can do after i get the rtv in my hand and have a model to work off of. thanks for the compliment!!</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">wel i don't thin that the rails would weight more than a hpx bumper i done and i shipped that in the mail so i would pack it up and ship it in the mail. if anyone wants some put in an order now and i'll round up materials today and get a price.they won't be to high trust me . give he an hour or two and i'll be back with a price on them .oh i forgot what ones would you want the sqaure tubing rail or the soild rond bar rails? i'll get ya'll a price on both.</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">ok i'm an honest guy infact people tell me to shutup i talk to much . but i went and got the matials to make a set of rals for the 900/1100 now the prices went up bug time and i really can't help that because of gas prices . but just to give you guys a idea if you want go down to lowes and look up the price on some 1/2 round bar (red lable)44" long and a price 36"long of the same . and then the price for the angle iron now they didn't have 1/4 so i went with 1/8th and that will be good enough but get a price on two of them 48"long 1-1/2 long. now add in the welding wire and cutting gas and electricity and labor and paint then after i post the price of my finished rails you tell me if it's a good price or not . i'm going to go to a few steet supplyrs and see if i can get it cheaper in bulk but the problem with that is money why buy in bulk if there ain't no sales. so i went out and spent the high dollar money to get the steel to make a set to have a demo to show you guys if i get enough orders i will order in bulk and the price will be better i hope if not you won't like the price i have right now they are cheaper than the bootsavers but still a bit high in my book . they will,have 3/4 sockets on the inside so you can put stuff like weed eaters and stuff or lights or what ever you want just tell me and i will make it for you .</P>

G

<P mce_keep="true">If you get enough people together to do a bulk purchase, I'd possible consider a set or 2 or 3. Depends on the pricing and what the other guys here think. </P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">well i'm looking into the prices of bulk iron and to see what i can do remember i ain't makin nuthin off this stuff. i do it for you guys and when i said i would cater to this web sight i meant it so you guys pretty much have your own fabshop and can get stuff just above cost . i'm gonna go and snap a picture of a rail i put together this mornin to show you what i have planned for the rtv . i put extra supports on it for when you lay stuff on top the rails put it this way without any of the middle suports the rail didn't bend any and i weight 140lbs now i put 5 suports in the rail so that should give you an idea of the strenght of the rails i'm gonna do my best to keep the cost down. let me go snap a picture of what i got so far. now remamber it's not dressed up or polished or painted so bear with me and also it soedn't have the inside sleaves to slide the other stuff to hole the weedeaters and stuff like that . now the other brackets for the weedeaters don't come with it but the sockets will be there if you want them on a later date or you can get it without the sockets.</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">ok here are two pictures the angle iron is 1-1/4 x1/8th and the round bar is 1/2 . they are 44"long from end to end . so tell me what you think so for thay are very strongthay are stronger than the ones on my hpx and i never bent them so i figure these will last too.and they are almost 3"high</P>
<P mce_keep="true">
1005410xz7.jpg
</P>
<P mce_keep="true">
1005408lp7.jpg
</P>

<P mce_keep="true">Tommy,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Make me a set for the 1100 and I want them made with square tubing. When I get them I am going to cover with Realtree Hardwood from Camoclad. I am covering the stoppers with the same. Also going to cover some of the grey on the 1100 too. When I get the rails, I will take a photo and put it on this web site so others can see what is available. </P>
<P mce_keep="true">Camoclad is located about two miles from me and they have some neat stuff. Their website is www.camoclad.com. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">tommy,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> how muchfor a set of round bar rails painted kubota grey?</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">so you want a unfinished set ? now you do know that if you set anything on top of that camoclad it's gonna scrap off like tape right? if you put it on there them rails will only be for decoration only . and the tubing ones will be more exspensive. not much but a little as for as the bota grey i'll match the color as best i can but from what i hear the bota paint don't flow right so i ain't gonna buy it from them. but i did see some at a place that waspretty much identical to bota grey and i don't think you would be able to tell the diferense it's so close.</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">i like that camo clad stuff too but don't you think it's gonna be torn off of them bootsavers? iit would be iteresting to see how it holds up on them .</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">ok i was planning ok makin some rail wall extenders would 1' be high enough or what?the extenderswould slide into the slots for the chainsaw holders and weedeater holders when they are not being used. that would give you about a 2' side bed wall hieght. would that be enough.i think anymore and i would just have to put some slots for a 2x4 to slide into so you can make a taller bed wall if needed. i can make one to bolt at the bottom of the bed to keep the wall from kickin out.. so what ya'll think?</P>

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Two Guns, </FONT></P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3> yes i do. my off road rides are red ranger xp, camo rtv1100, and 90 model toyota pickup truck. </FONT></P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT face=Arial size=3></FONT></P>

<P mce_keep="true">Tommy,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Mine can be unfinished if you want. I will prime them when I get them before putting the Camoclad on them. I am going to use the permanent kind of Camoclad material. It is pretty durable material, as it is used on fishing boats, atv, etc. Yes, it may come off in time but I will find out how long it will stay on and what it will look like in between.Also, going to put the same kind on the stoppers for the same reason. Kind of an experiment with Camoclad material. Mostly leaves, yard work material etc... are all that goes in mine anyway-anything else goes in the loader bucket or on a trailer.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Thanks</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">ok well sinse the primer is already bought i'll just give it a shot of primer and thats it but i'll get you a price tomorrow ok.</P>