Homemade RTV Console

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
thanks! I needed those links.

How are you guys getting main power up there? Running one line up and branching off? Think I could come off the battery cable that goes up to my winch and boss plow? It is terminating under the hood. rtv1100

Hey Razer, In my use, I ran power to the console from the battery with a water resistant fuse coming from near the battery. Then branched off .The panel I used has 2 sections- each switch with a breaker- and they each have a rated capacity. several are 4 amps some are 10 amps and etc. I put heavy drawing items on the higher amp switches. I may have posted a diagram of it in the earliest post but will go back and see for sure about that. I used heavy wire all around. Razer, I think that you could do like you are thinking if the switch panel you use will carry the amps the winch, etc draws. bordercollie

Mark.Sibole

On Mine I ran a constant power from the battery and 1 wire with a relay only powered when the machine is running.The one with the machine running covers strobes on 1 switch flashers on another switch lights mounted on theroof on a switch and the last switch is going to be a dome light so I can see what the hell im going at night in the cab.The Constant power line is for future use.I have it all mounted for the time being as were about to get hammered with a lot of snow and i needed the machine ready for plowing.As time goes on ill build a cubby for smokes and misc items.Ill eventually add a small stereo A volt gauge and what ever else I can think I may need.
Ill post pics in a day or so on my progress.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I found this picture of the back of the panel and a few more. Some pictures were lost on the move to this computer. The last picture is of the dry run to make sure everything lines up. The other is of the fiberglass and resin on top of the exterior plywood. bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF3981.jpg
    DSCF3981.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF3984.jpg
    DSCF3984.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF4061.jpg
    DSCF4061.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF4072.JPG
    DSCF4072.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 142

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds good Mark! Oh yea, I reread your post and sorry about the mix up- that inset box on mine is just homemade of 1/4 " plywood on top and sides and finished out on the exterior with small aluminum angle from Lowes. :) bordercollie

Mark.Sibole

Thanks Bordercollie.
I think that will be my option also is to fabricate 1 so I can keep track of my smokes lighter and MICS stuff.I added a dome light today also.Didnt want to spend the 20 bucks on it but I had no luck finding one out of an old junker and didnt want to drive to 45 miles to the junk Yard.In the spring ill add the stroage space and the sides and paint it all up.With snow getting deep and cold temps paint wont dry till spring lol

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's right Mark. That dome light will really help out. Like my folks said "a bite at a time and you can eat an elephant"-That's what I think of when I have a seemingly unreachable task or chore stareing me down. Spring is on the way . :) bordercollie