New member, any 1100 owners in N. IN?

Praetorian

Hello, I'm seriously looking into buying a new RTV 1100 and am looking for members in Northern Indiana that can give me some advise!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hello, I'm seriously looking into buying a new RTV 1100 and am looking for members in Northern Indiana that can give me some advise!

Hello & Wecome to the Forum.
You will meet some of the best people on planet earth, RIGHT HERE !!!

Sorry I don't live in Northern Indiana, but we are just a couple miles
south of you.

Just ask what you want to know, and we all will jump in and give it our best
shot !!!!

........ two guns

Attachments

• airboat-045.jpg
    airboat-045.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 151

Praetorian

Thanks Two guns! I was looking reputable dealers in the area. There are three in my surrounding area but one is in Amish country with little inventory and one is a larger store but I've heard horror stories about their service department!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
would like to stay local if I can find the right deal.

I was in the same boat as you. BUT, I drove over a hour away and saved big bucks.
Now, on the dealer with the "Horror Stories" , of course, stay away. Don't even chance it.
Remember, it's YOUR money. Are you sure you want a 1100 RTV ? What is your application with the machine ?

Kubota now has 0% down, 0% APR finacing for 48 months, until September 30, 2013 >>>>

And on another note. Go in the back of the dealerships and talk to the mechanics. See how they respond to your questions about the RTV. Your fixing to spend big bucks. You have the right to treat yourself to some answers concering the machine. Saleman sell. But to get to the bone of the dealership., go in the back and float around !!!!

When asking for a price from each dealer. Ask them what they are willing to throw in on the deal.
Don't hesitate to ask for them to service the machine at no cost on the first 50 hours service.
or , make them throw in a high rise intake, or a bedliner. Make the work for your money. They can do it. Remember, they want YOUR money. Let them know you are shopping with other Kubota dealers, and that you are willing to drive as far as you can, to get the best deal !!!!

............. jamie :2gunsfiring_v1:

Praetorian

I'm planning on using it to commute to different properties and to work at those properties. One will only be occasionally as its 18 miles from home base but the other is only a few miles away. I want to haul with it and possibly use it for hunting and plowing. I already have a big quad so I'm not worried if it can't get into the thick stuff but there's some things my quad can't do and I'd like to see if the Kubota can fill that space!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you already have a trailer you're planning on hauling the RTV on?

A 5x10' barely holds a 900. Not sure if a 1100 would fit. A 6x12' is a nice size but most have a 3000# capacity and you'll be right at the max. Anything bigger can be a PITA to haul behind the RTV once you get there.

Praetorian

I have a few trailers and access to any kind I'd ever need! I'm actually on my way to a dealer as I type (I'm not driving ��) to have a firsthand look at the 1100!

Praetorian

Well I test drove a 2013 1100 today and loved it!!!
I got a quote of $18,350 with the following options,
Turn signal and hazard light kit.
Strobe light kit.
Rear work light.
Rear window screen
High mount air intake kit.
HD worksite tires.

Is this a fair deal? He started out at $18,400 for a base model machine no options and I told him he needed to sharpen his pencil!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Best way to double check the price is to call a few other dealers in your state. Not necessaryally close by. You tell em what you want and get the price.
Prices for new ones change pretty regularly and those of us who already have one are not always up on the new prices. Someone who recently bought might happen along but checking other dealers prices for the same model always has worked for me.

Welcome to the best RTV forum on the planet. :beer:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can't help on the price either.

I hope they're not quoting you on the tires. Those worksite tires are what come with it.

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
And you can save money by selecting the ATV version tires. I hear that the worksite tires are not good in mud, seem they do not clean out well. I went with the ATV version and am pleased. Of coarse I'm not dog paddlin' in the mud like TwoGuns and BorderCollie do.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the RTV Forum. Seems like the price you were quoted is right in the ballpark, with all the add-ons included. As others have mentioned, you have to be really comfortable with the Kubota dealership you buy from as it's going to be an on-going relationship. If you have trailers available, travelling a few extra miles to a better shop might pay off in the long run.

Hint: If you do purchase a RTV 1100, trailer it with the windshield facing to the rear. Flying stones and windshields don't get along well.

(Was a RTV 1100 wannabe for a long, long time.)

Keifer

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
And you can save money by selecting the ATV version tires. I hear that the worksite tires are not good in mud, seem they do not clean out well. I went with the ATV version and am pleased. Of coarse I'm not dog paddlin' in the mud like TwoGuns and BorderCollie do.
I agree . I couldn't use the worksites on the farm..Pepr, if you get enough rain you may be paddling too:wink:... ya never know!! I had just taken off the mud grip like Blackwater Evolutions and put back on the worn oem ATV tires for the summer, had a big rain and about got stuck in the JD Bottom. -couldn't go forward anymore so got it moving in reverse and drove out backwards to higher ground. The ATV tires served me well for over- I think 800 hrs- and still got me out. .. but I was holding my breath as the tread is now thin, it was a long walk home and snakey looking all around. ;) bordercollie

Praetorian

I plan on using it on paved surfaces at least as much as off road so I worry about wearing out the ATV tires prematurely. I just have to sell the wife on its usefulness or see if it has a tent option!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Worksite tires might be best for you then, if you do decide to hit the mud a winch would be nice to have.
My wife thought I was bonkers when I bought my RTV. We had two ATV's, a tractor and a jeep. She could not understand why I wanted an RTV. Now she loves it and and my son in law said it was the best thing I'd bought for the property and getting work down. It hauls it dumps and it gets us to places only the ATV's could go, but the RTV carries a load of stuff too. Hopefully your wife would come around and see the wisdom in you buying the RTV. :D Hey, it could happen.

Praetorian

Can anyone tell me what's involved with the first service on the 1100? I'm wondering if I should negotiate that into the deal before I pull the trigger. If its not that expensive I'll probably hold off because this will be over 2 hours round trip for me!