RTV-X1100C Information

VA1100

When I installed my new wheels and tires a few weeks ago I was a little concerned about the amount of play between the outer control arm and the bearing holder on the rear wheels. The bushing that is in the bearing holder is just a soft rubber bushing and allows for a lot of movement. I made some new bushing from oil impregnated nylon and machined a groove in them to accept a rod end seal to help keep the dirt out. I will keep an eye on this for wear and cross drill the pin and install a grease fitting if needed. I also looked at the play at the inner control arm pin, this has the same type of rubber bushing, but it is larger and is fitted better. Looking at the illustrated parts breakdown on the Kubota site, Kubota added a 1.2, 29, 42 shim (P/N K7591-58860) behind each bushing on machines with S/N 18012 and higher, mine is in the 13 thousand range and didn't have them. I bought 16 of these from parts.mbtractor.com for $0.55 each, the shipping cost more that the parts. Between these two areas I have removed about 98% of the play in the wheels, front and back. There is still a little bit of play within the bearing holder on the rear, I believe between the inner and outer race, but did not take this apart as I didn't have a new seal to re-install.
Pete
NCM_0476.jpg

NCM_0483.jpg

NCM_0484.jpg

NCM_0509.jpg

NCM_0512.jpg

NCM_0515.jpg

NCM_0513 (2).jpg