john deere grill guard

t man

I thought I would post the grill guard I made for my 2320.I had been moving alot of brush and noticed a branch had pushed in the grill.Not good,to close to the radiator and transmission cooler :eek:.So I looked at the deluxe guard deere offers,it still wouldn't protect the complete grill :pat:.Only one thing left to do.Make my own.I wasn't to concerned with the side protection I wanted to protect the complete front.So this is what I came up with.First pic shows the dented grill,last pic shows the guard still tilts to access the hood.

Attachments

• Picture 328 (Large).jpg
    Picture 328 (Large).jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Picture 329 (Large).jpg
    Picture 329 (Large).jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Picture 330 (Large).jpg
    Picture 330 (Large).jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 332 (Large).jpg
    Picture 332 (Large).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Picture 334 (Large).jpg
    Picture 334 (Large).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 335 (Large).jpg
    Picture 335 (Large).jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Picture 337 (Large).jpg
    Picture 337 (Large).jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 140

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice work. I like it. Makes your deere look BAD ASS!!!!! :D

Thanks for posting this thread. Reps to you!!!! :thumb:

urednecku

I like that!! You were lucky with no more dent than that in your grill....the one that got mine bent up the frame & sheet metal, I'm gonna have to take the hood off & beat it back out.
I hope you don't mind if I borrow from your design for my 'Bota.

Mark777

Wow!

Excellent fabrication, but be careful! There will be John Deere “Poparazzi” hiding in the bushes, takin’ pictures and reporting back to JD headquarters :D.

It looks like you pull pins and the entire grille swings forward to open your hood? Really one of the most interesting designs I’ve seen in a very long time.

Mark

Mark777

Oh, I forgot to ask....Would you permit me to use your pictures to share them with other JD guys looking for a way to protect their tractors? Or post a link so they can see how well your designs turned out?

And I DO understand if it's a little uncomfortable and you don't want it to go down that way! Just thought I'd glean the information before someone else S T E A L S it.

t man

I like that!! You were lucky with no more dent than that in your grill....the one that got mine bent up the frame & sheet metal, I'm gonna have to take the hood off & beat it back out.
I hope you don't mind if I borrow from your design for my 'Bota.

No I don't mind,that's why I posted it.

t man

Wow!

Excellent fabrication, but be careful! There will be John Deere “Poparazzi” hiding in the bushes, takin’ pictures and reporting back to JD headquarters :D.

It looks like you pull pins and the entire grille swings forward to open your hood? Really one of the most interesting designs I’ve seen in a very long time.

Mark

I cant take take credit for the guard swinging forward,that was the original guard that came on the tractor.I added the front mesh to protect the tractor from smaller objects.I will post a pic of what the factory guard looked like before I altered it.And I don't mind if you post pics of it maybe someone else will come up with a better idea, I know I like to see other peoples fabrication work it sometimes gives me an idea.:D I also have a piece I fabricated for the front bucket to aid in moving snow.Ill post pics of that sometime, pics aren't on this computer.But I think I posted that on (my tractor forum) last winter you could probably find it there.

Here's a pic of the factory guard.

Attachments

• Picture 020 (Large).jpg
    Picture 020 (Large).jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 129

urednecku

Here's the pic of my 'grill ding'- (I looked last night but couldn't find it). The battery's right behind there. It lets a lot of extra trash be sucked into the radiator area.
And the best pic I could find of the "grill guard"- it hinges just like yours, also with 1 pin holding it in place. Personally, I think their original design is a little lacking in the 'grill protection' area.

Attachments

• P_00366.JPG
    P_00366.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Feb20097.JPG
    Feb20097.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 131

t man

Yeah that's a nasty dent you have there.I bet you could benefit from doing something similar to mine, with your grill guard.