What ATV do you ride?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I really like my ATV's. I have two of them. Both are Hondas. One is a 300 four trax (2wd) and the other is the 450ES (4wd). I use the 450 most, as it is newest and bigger. The four wheel drive comes in handy on my hills. I have 4 or 5 miles of trails that wind up and down thru my 50 acres. Pretty darn nice. Anyone close enough is welcome to bring your ATV on over and ride with us some weekend. :thumb:

xPosTech

Back in the 80s when my folks bought land at Lake Sam Rayburn for retirement they made five households of extended family migrating on the weekends. All have since built houses there.

One uncle cut an ATV trail that meandered for miles through the heavily timbered forests of East Texas. An aunt immediately named it the Highway to Heaven. Each ATV sported a CB radio antenna on the front rack slanted forward. No CB radios though...the antennae knocked down the proliferation of spider webs that sprang up overnight on the trail.:wink:

Ted :wave:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good thought Ted for the CB antenna. :thumb: I usually wear my ball cap so I can put my head down and let the hat get the spider webs. They do get all over me. I had thought of using a bicycle flag but an old CB antenna would be even stronger. I had considered one on each corner of the front of the ATV. You guys just put one and that gets the job done?

xPosTech

Some one, some two. One uncle's Honda looked like a porcupine playing possum. Two would sometimes let a drifting web sneak between.

The secret was to not be the first or second one down the trail. Heh.:rolleyes:

Ted

Last edited:
I really like my ATV's. I have two of them. Both are Hondas. One is a 300 four trax (2wd) and the other is the 450ES (4wd). I use the 450 most, as it is newest and bigger. The four wheel drive comes in handy on my hills. I have 4 or 5 miles of trails that wind up and down thru my 50 acres. Pretty darn nice. Anyone close enough is welcome to bring your ATV on over and ride with us some weekend. :thumb:
Here are a couple of our one horsepower ATVs...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Percheron+boys.jpg
    Percheron+boys.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 90

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
We have 2 ............ A 2002 Honda 450ES 4wd that has been a superb machine. It never fails to do what you want. The other is a 2005 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force 4wd and that is just what it is, it has more power that a quad should have.

They both are fun and work machines. Besides riding around the local area we take them on rides with guys from our sportsmens club. Those rides are always fun. It's not to often that one isn't toting a trailer doing work around the house.

Attachments

• 100_0015.JPG
    100_0015.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_0017.JPG
    100_0017.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

mobilus

Paul, those are some beautiful "one horsepower ATVs" you have there. :tiphat:
In a couple of years, when the kids are out of high school, I'd love to buy a couple for me and the wife. I've boarded horses here at my place for a friend, and everyone loves it when they're around. Something calming about horses that's hard to explain.

But for now, my ATV is a 1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4WD.

Attachments

• grandson with mare at gate.jpg
    grandson with mare at gate.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00079.JPG
    DSC00079.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 82

Av8r3400

Ever since I bought this (for less than 1/2 the price of an ATV), I have never thought about them again.

Attachments

• Workhorse-07 s.JPG
    Workhorse-07 s.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 85

pwl

My wheeler is an 800 Can-Am. In the winter it has tracks on it.

Attachments

• 2.11.2008 wheeler 2.jpg
    2.11.2008 wheeler 2.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 85

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was just out playing in the snow. Those tracks would be awesome. We normally do not get enough snow to make the tracks feasible.

pwl

When that picture was taken we were in the process of getting 5 feet of snow. In the last two days the area 10 miles north of me received another 43 inches. At my house we got a dusting. It shows how fickle lake effect snow off Lake Ontario can be.

Nick

ATVs

We have two Honda ATVs. One is a 350 Rancher, the other a 250 Recon. They're both 2WD, and both are ES models. I bought them used, last year, along with an aluminum trailer that will carry both. Both ATVs are very 'stock'. The only thing I've done is install a Warn winch on the Rancher. I don't go for making them noisier, or faster, or able to go through deep water (not much fun am I):pat:

We use them mainly for trail riding in and around some property we own in a rural area of Tennessee. Don't get to ride them much now, but someday we will, when we build our retirement home.

Here are some pix.

Nick

PS: One picture happens to show the closest thing I have to a tractor right now (in name only) - a John Deere utility cart attached to the yellow ATV:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Recon in Backyard.jpg
    Recon in Backyard.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Rancher in Backyard.jpg
    Rancher in Backyard.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 73
  • Cory & Klon001.jpg
    Cory & Klon001.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Rancher with JD Cart Attached.jpg
    Rancher with JD Cart Attached.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 73

olcowhand

Mine is a 2006 450 Foreman...std shift. It's a true workhorse on the farm. There would be far less work accomplished without it. In fact, I couldn't get by without it at all. I mean...who wants to coral a 2,000lb bull on the loose on foot! Do a lot of spraying fencerows, thistles & the yard pulling the 50 gallon sprayer. Fencing, pulling heavy trailers, even pulling my BIL's F150 home when it broke down a few miles down the road. Getting in newborn calves...the list is endless. It is used more than any other piece of equipment on the farm! And a Honda is truly hard to beat....very dependable!:thumb:

M

Murphy Jim

ATV's

My wife and I have Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4's. The green and red ones in the foreground. Our property backs up to BLM range and 1700 miles of trails. Desert and mountains. We really enjoy having 4 wheel drive machines.:wink:

Attachments

• 100_1263.jpg
    100_1263.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 76
M

Murphy Jim

GreenWannabe is right, a bunch of land. There's desert, mountains, canyons and rivers out here. You can ride til ya drop !