Blade on weed eater

whatscookin

Gold Site Supporter
I need something a little more than string and i have used a eight tooth blade and it works good for inch plus stuff but when i you get into standing tall dry weeds they lay on top of the blade when cut and that becomes a chore, Still has a three bladed brush knife that looks like it would chop and not lay on top of the blade but i would like to know more before i spend thirity bucks

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
blade

I use a 8 inch table saw blade and it works grate. you want to be careful though, as you can well know it can do much damage if you arent careful!!!!
Later Jerry:tiphat:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've found that cutting in only one direction solves my problems of what's being cut from getting in the way.

From the operators view, my line/blade or whatever travels in a counter-clockwise rotation. If I cut only from right-to-left in my sweep, the rotation is it cuts pushes what's been cut towards the operators legs (and I'm standing where it's already been cut). If I sweep left to right, the rotation pushes what's been cut into the uncut area. Well, it really doesn't have anyplace to go so it just stands there and gets in the way.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I never thought of using an old table saw blade. I have used a Beaver blade on brush which is basically a chain saw chain mounted on a solid blade. It worked great on brush and small trees but you had to be careful not to pinch it. I did use it on tall grass and it worked OK as I recall but not great. Don't they make a three spoked brush blade for tall standing grass? I had one for an Echo that I used to have and I've probably still got it somewhere. Glad I remembered that. I may have to go dig it out.